The 4 star Amba Hotel Marble Arch, located just off Oxford Street and a short walk from the West End and Hyde Park is the latest addition to Amba Hotels. With 692 stylish and spacious bedrooms, the latest technology and 13 meeting rooms, join an exciting and vibrant team to help deliver an excellent guest experience.
The role of Security Manager is seen as crucial to the day to day function of the building. The Security Team are a valued part of the business. As Security Manager, you will be expected to play an active role in areas ranging from Crisis Management to Health and Safety.
Your primary role will be the Management of Security measures which will include the well being of the staff and guests, according to legislative requirement, the agreed policies of the hotel and the procedures and objectives as set out by the General Manager. The main purposes are:
* To oversee all Security issues affecting the hotel on a daily basis to the standard required. Ensuring a high standard of security is maintained throughout the building as well as ensuring that all Security Officers maintain a high level of professional conduct as well as customer care.
* To liaise regularly with the local police, council and relevant government organisations to provide the hotel's management with accurate information on possible Security issues that may affect the hotel and local area.
* To undertake investigations dealing with any guest or staff related issues, liaising with the local police or other management where relevant.
* To respond promptly to any emergency situation that may occur within the hotel whilst on duty and also providing training to Duty Managers with regards to Fire Evacuation, Bomb procedures and the Crisis Management Plan.
* To complete and keep up to date records of all Security issues and incidents that occur and liaising with the Police, Insurers as well as the Hotel management.
* To complete and keep up to date all Crime Mapping, Accident Trends and Hazard Reports so as to quickly identify problem areas and advise Management of the best course of action to take.
* To regularly review Security procedures and implement any improvements that will benefit the safety and Security of both guest and staff.
* To assist and advise the Department managers on Security issues, ensuring at all times that activities comply with company policy and current legislation.
* To manage cost by efficient and creative working measures and by ensuring the hotel receives value for money service from the contractors employed by the Security Department.
* To implement the Hotel standard of Customer service and to continually improve these standards in the Security Department.
* Together with other senior management, to take responsibility, for the successful implementation of Health & Safety Procedures within the hotel and play an active and key role in chairing the Health & safety Committee meetings.
* To develop and train Security agency Team members in line with department and company standards and procedures. Included in this would be providing assistance on Fire Training to all staff as well as other training in areas such ‘Violence at Work', ‘Security Awareness', ‘Bomb Training', and facilitating the bi-annual emergency test.
* To overseeing maintenance contracts such as CCTV equipment, Electronic locks, Access Control Systems as well as Security Contract Staff so as to ensure that all equipment is properly serviced.
* To ensure effective staff scheduling
* To maintain regular and effective communication within the team.
* To assist in all aspects of recruitment, disciplinary, training and appraisals relating to the Security department
* To be become familiar with all company policies, procedures and guidelines.