The following list is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar nature may be required:
- To maintain a high standard of Responsible Care and housekeeping consistent with all applicable Company and legislative requirements (e.g. COSHH, HSE, IPPC)
- To follow the procedures specified in Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manuals for charging materials, processing of batches, adjusting, completing, labelling and packing (kegs, drums, 1 tonne tanks, tankers) of finished products as required for all plants in the department.
- To carry out all specified in-process & final product testing in line with agreed quality assurance standards.
- To ensure that all data whether hand-written or computerised, is promptly and accurately recorded, and followed up in a timely manner where necessary.
- To become competent and skilled in the use and operation of plant equipment and processes and to look for ways of continuously improving plant / equipment / systems / processes for manufactured products.
- To be an effective team member, work with other shifts and departments to meet production schedules and assist the team leader in training of any new staff or trainees.
- To step up and carry out the duties of team leader in their absence and be capable of supervising the plant outside normal working hours (e.g. night shifts or weekends).
- To perform any other tasks reasonably requested to meet team and business objectives.
This Job Description describes the requirements for all Manufacturing Process Operatives, regardless of their specific speciality background.
This role is working on a two shift rotating basis (The shifts are currently 6:00am – 2:00pm and 2:00pm – 10:00pm)