Job Title: Building and Civil Engineering Buyer ( Ex-Military preferred)
Reports To: Senior Buyer
Accountable To: Managing Director
Relationships: Project Managers, Contract Managers, Transport Manager, Plant Manager, Storeman (M/F), all Head Office support departments.
Our client is a multidiscipline construction and engineering business. Operating as a turnkey specialist structures contractor they provide their clients' engineered solutions to complex projects across a wide range of industry sectors.
Working as part of a team to manage/develop the supply chain in accordance with company processes and procedures ensuring best practice procurement.
- Work within the procurement team for the procurement of all goods (materials) on a project by project basis.
- Working openly and collaboratively with other business units, managing supply chain relationships at Group level for the benefit of the Group.
- Proactive and prepared to challenge the existing agreements through engagement with our supply chain to drive continuous improvement.
- Developing relationships with our supply chain with which we:
- Establish and cultivate value beyond cost;
- Provide the Group (in terms of product and services) with a competitive advantage.
- Delivering profit to the bottom line by leveraging our expenditure with fewer, better suppliers.
- To provide an ethical and consistent approach to the procurement of goods and services, following the company policies
- Keep abreast of developments in the local, national and international supply markets
- To maintain working relationships with suppliers who are committed to producing good quality materials, safely, at competitive prices, and who see the company as a contractor of the first choice
- To assist with the selection of suppliers to the business.
- Provide a comprehensive input into work winning.
- The post holder must fully familiarise themselves with the Group IMS processes
- Ensure that all administration is carried out in accordance with the standard company procedures
- Ensure that problems/failures are reported throughout on a project by project basis.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with suppliers, clients and colleagues
- Good attention to detail
- Good commercial awareness, forecasting skills and budgeting
- Excellent organisational, prioritising and planning skills
- Professional, trustworthy and reliable.
- IT literate and proficient in the use of MS Office applications.