The Product Manager will be required to meet and interact regularly with various multi-functional teams including Information Technology, Sales and Distribution, Actuarial, Operations, Arch Online, Underwriting, Marketing, Broker Relationship Development Managers and the regional management team.
A key requirement of the role is to drive Arch Regional growth and efficiency through the rationalisation and maintenance of the existing product suite and the development of new go-to-market solutions in response to Broker requirements or industry/market trends.
Strong underwriting technical skills and interpersonal (written and verbal) skills are required. A significant component of the role will involve managing and driving project related activities which will require a demonstrated capacity to manage competing priorities and deliver to deadlines.
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Engaging with the senior management team including the Chief Executive Officer, Director of Underwriting and Senior Vice President of Strategy and Distribution regarding the development and maintenance of the UKR product suite
- Liaising with senior Arch Line of Business heads with respect to ensuring a profitable and competitive Arch product portfolio
- Working collaboratively with various cross-functional internal teams including Information Technology, Marketing, Operations, Sales & Distribution, Project Management etc. to manage the delivery of new product releases and/or updates to existing products
- Responsibility for Insurance products across the full lifecycle, development, maintenance, obsolescence and for example, updating pricing, wordings, covers etc.
- Conducting metric driven analysis of the utilisation and effectiveness of the current product suite to identify opportunities to rationalise the number of products or update the wordings to develop a point of differentiation for Arch
- Leading the development and revision of policy wordings in consultation with required stakeholders
- Contributing to underwriting conversations to ensure the UKR portfolio remains adequately priced, profitable and where required innovative
- Assisting in the development of marketing collateral and training material for both the internal underwriting teams and brokers
- Performing product related systems testing to ensure releases support the required product functionality
- Providing thought leadership to identify and develop new products opportunities and propositions including market research, competitor analysis etc.
- Assisting Broker Relationship Development Managers and Underwriting teams with Broker presentations and meetings
- Working with the broader business and contributing strategic decisions to ensure the overall online product mix is aligned to the Arch distribution strategy
- Providing accurate monthly Management information
- Demonstrating an understanding of regulatory and compliance processes and actively participate in relevant governance committees
- A strong communicator who is able to listen and understand the issues as well as engage with a broad range of stakeholders
- Ability to contribute towards strategic conversations and discuss complex ideas and solutions
- Ability to work in a cohesive manner as part of a team spanning various cross-functional disciplines
- Capacity to engage appropriately with the Arch senior executive team
- Ability to manage and influence resources in a matrix management structure across multiple locations
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, organise work and meet deadlines
- Must have relevant technical underwriting experience within insurance
- Demonstrated capacity to work and contribute to a collaborative environment with colleagues
- Comfortable with taking ownership of issues and effectively influence clients/colleague to ensure the right outcome
- Capacity to contribute towards business planning and strategy development
- Deep knowledge of regional insurance products
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining policy wordings
- Knowledge of regional Brokers and market conditions
- Passionate people leader with the ability to develop cohesion and sense of purpose across different teams
- Strong track record of working with teams to deliver successful outcomes
- Minimum A level standard preferred
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications or University Degree (or similar) desirable but not essential for the role
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.