Wood in Reading has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Application Support Engineer to join our Engineering Systems team here in Reading. Reporting to the Engineering Systems Lead, the successful candidate will be respobsible for configuration, implementation, ongoing management and development of Project AVEVA Engineering instances.
- Establish new AVEVA Engineering instances for List, Index and Datasheet production
- Liaise with project and Client teams to determine set-up requirements and effectively translate into production environments
- Actively participate in the continued development of the application and its integration with other Engineering Design Systems
- Promote the value and use of AVEVA Engineering within their business line
- Provide user training and Project frontline support
- Prepare documentation pertaining to deployed AVEVA Engineering instances
- Be fully proficient in the configuration and management of AVEVA Engineering including Dabacon database administration
- Have the ability to automate tasks via PML
- Have extensive knowledge and understanding of Engineering discipline data ownership
- Experience of mapping Client data and document requirements to AVEVA Engineering instances
- Have an in depth understanding of FEED & Detailed Design deliverables, their execution methodology and their interdependencies with one another
- Have a reasonable understanding of other Engineering Design Systems such as S3D, SPP&ID and AVEVA Diagrams
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience of AVEVA Integration Services an advantage
- Previous experience of AVEVA Net an advantage
- PML Programming Language
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.