Elevate is recruiting for a Financial Services Team Manager with at least 2 years’ relevant experience, for a permanent position based in Leeds.
The successful candidate will advise banks and financial institutions on finance, lending, investment management, restructuring and insolvency, regulatory and litigation transactions across the globe.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Client facing transactional work:
- Being the link between Partners and Associates in London and the team in Leeds.
- Supervise legal teams managing their own files with day to day management work e.g. CP Management and drafting ancillary documents and Board Minutes.
- Case and transaction management e.g. proof reading and reviewing documents for accuracy.
- File opening, file management and invoicing.
- Provide back up support to the wider department in the project management of larger Financial Services transactions.
- Assisting with ad hoc administrative and legal tasks under instruction.
- Lead a legal team to ensure efficient practices and advise on the application of technology.
- Create cost estimates and timeline forecasts monitor progress and prepare project status reports and conduct project status meetings.
Team Management & Service Development:
- Ensure the requisite training, checking, and mentoring controls to ensure efficient delivery are in place.
- Triage of in-coming matters /Instructions so that the right resources are doing the right tasks at the right time in the process.
- Lead and manage review teams working across multiple Financial services matter types and lead the training and development of in-house resources using an “advice and guidance/mentoring style.
- Develop, deliver and maintain accurate documentation and process manuals for all financial services processes.
- Develop and execute communication and marketing plans to expand use of the Leeds Financial Services team.
- Monitor the performance of the teams and processes and identify opportunities for improvement initiatives.
- Work with process improvement and experts to design initiatives that will drive measurable improvements in quality, speed and efficiency.
You might be the right person if you:
- Have the drive, energy and creativity to help lead the development of the Financial Services work in a new Legal Services Centre for a global law firm.
- Can bring at least 2 years’ Financial Services / Banking experience, either as a qualified lawyer or senior paralegal.
- Are a creative and process orientated thinker who is passionate about delivering excellent quality and service.
Skills for success:
- Superb case/project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing quality of client service.
- Leadership skills necessary to lead, motivate and develop teams delivering quality financial services advice.
- Experience of driving improvement in the performance of through the use of technology and process improvement techniques.
- Fluent in standard MS Office applications and ability to quickly master new software.
- Resilience under pressure and motivated by accountability and the desire to meet or exceed objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build relationships with legal teams.
- Comfortable and capable of working proactively in a global organisation.
- Reliable, meets deadlines and anticipates problems.
- Takes personal ownership of self-improvement.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- 2 years PQE with experience in Financial Services / Banking at a full service commercial law firm.
- Experience of building credibility and trust with a diverse and challenging business stakeholder group.
- Demonstrable experience of driving improvements in the performance legal teams.
- Bachelor's degree, law degree.
- Process improvement qualification (Lean 6 sigma) may be an advantage although full training will be given.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Powered by JazzHR