Are you someone who has a passion for learning to be a data visualisation analyst and is looking to play an important role in an amazing team and to grow your skills?
Do you enjoy working in a flexible environment, with core values of transparency, and continuous improvement with the desire to contribute, learn and grow, working on a platform that will improve people's lives 80 years from now? Pensions are a long-term project!
- Support the BI team in the day-to-day support and maintenance of the data warehouse and the ingestion of associated data sources.
- Work with business and technical stakeholders to define, implement, test and maintain the ingestion of new data sources to the data warehouse.
- Maintain the existing Matillion ETL ingestion pipeline, adding new functionality where applicable to new data sources.
- Maintain the Python routines responsible to ingesting data to the Warehouse (implemented on AWS Fargate), adding new functionality where applicable to new data sources.
- Enhance the team’s CI/CD pipeline with additional functionality, where appropriate, and relevant tests for new data sources to ensure data integrity is maintained in the Data Warehouse.
- Create new SQL data transformations (views, functions, tables, etc.) in line with business definitions / reporting requirements.
- Maintain and update existing data transformations, in line with business definitions / reporting requirements.
- Maintain standard policies and procedures for database development activities.
- Provide technical assistance to the BI team to resolve any database or Python issues related to performance, capacity and access.
- Promote cross-skilling within the team and across the company, e.g. run ‘lunch and learn’ sessions on how to query APIs using Python.
Smart Pension was founded by experienced finance & technology professionals and has been designed specifically to support UK businesses faced with the challenges of auto enrolment. Our mission is to transform pensions, savings and financial well-being, across all generations, around the world.
Our updated Recruitment Data Policy is here https://www.autoenrolment.co.uk/pdfs/careers/recru... Please click on the link if you have any questions about how we store your data or to know your rights.
Education and Training
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or equivalent required.
- Experience in Python Development, Database Engineering, with proven experience in Data Modelling.
- Experience in writing, troubleshooting, and debugging complex SQL queries.
- Experience writing, troubleshooting, and debugging Python Code (v 3.6+).
- Experience working with Tableau Visualisation tool.
- Ability to write automated Python tests (unit, functional, and integration) to ensure code works as expected.
- Experience of extracting data from REST APIs and manipulating/loading it into a data warehouse.
- Experience with ETL processes (preferably with Matillion).
- Hands-on experience with AWS (Fargate and S3).
- Knowledge of Snowflake data warehouse - its data types and functions.
- Financial services experience.
- Experience designing and implementing data warehouses.
- A working understanding of Docker.
- Experience working with big data and/or MPP (massively parallel processing) databases.
- Experience supporting applications running on Amazon AWS.
- Understanding of cloud computing security concepts.
- Experiences in Continuous delivery and automation ML pipelines.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Monitoring AWS CloudWatch, Datado.
- £500 personal training budget to spend on books, courses, conferences or training materials to help you develop.
- Health Insurance (via Benenden).
- 5 week sabbatical after 5 years.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays. 1 extra day holiday after 2 years and then every year up to a max of 30 days holiday.
- Free nails and barbers once a month.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity (maternity - 6 months fully paid / paternity - 3 weeks fully paid).
- Access to PerkBox.
- Access to Smart Rewards.
- Auto-Enrolment Pension scheme. Smart Pension will match your contributions up to 5% of your salary.
- Cycle to work scheme.
*Please note, that we are unable to sponsor working visas for this position.