What's involved with this role:
Working pattern is flexible and to be agreed. As this is a short term role someone with experience in an Envirocrime role is required. It is also important that they are able to work in a small well informed community.
Based within the Environmental Health and Licensing Department in Environmental Services post holder will work with communities to achieve clean and safe streets by effectively responding to problems such as litter, graffiti, fly tipping, abandoned vehicles, dog waste and anti-social behaviour, utilising powers under Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act and other relevant enforcement legislation, including issue of fixed penalty notices.
Undertake pro-active vehicle or foot patrols and identify breaches of regulatory requirements resulting in investigation, intervention & enforcement activities delivered to a professional standard in compliance with guidance on evidence gathering for prosecutions, appearing as a witness when necessary.
Through working with a variety of other agencies within the Borough, Council or across boundaries you will develop effective ways of tackling environmental crimes, including developing a range of education and promotional activities to achieve high levels of public and stakeholder awareness and participation.
Facilitate, maintain and develop computerised Databases, personal records and the exchange of information under relevant legislation, utilising Uniform software.
Undertake duties outside of regular office working hours which may include early morning, late at night, weekends.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Experience of implementation of enforcement procedures, gathering and preparing evidence in accordance with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act and giving evidence in court
- Experience of working in a multi agency environment
- Experience of organising own flexible working hours to meet the demands of the service
- Experience of working with external and internal customers, understanding their needs and providing a high standard of customer care
- Experience of using information technology to prepare reports, evidence and maintenance of records
- Detailed knowledge of enviro-crime and environmental protection legislation and regulations
- Ability to apply legislative and policy requirements in order to achieve practical and legal compliance. In occasional cases there will be no clear policy or legal solution
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Job Ref: Watford 5131266
Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.