Aberdein Considine’s Dispute Resolution department are looking for a Solicitor / Senior Solicitor (2-4 years PQE) to join their dynamic team based in Multrees Walk, Edinburgh. The team is committed to the expansion of its commercial offering and to the development of the legal and professional skills of its staff. The team represent private individuals and SMEs, through to large corporations and FTSE 100 firms in a variety of court, tribunal, appeal and alternative dispute resolution work in areas including general commercial litigation, company disputes, property litigation, insolvency, business reputation protection, professional negligence, & regulatory crime. The successful candidate will be required to ensure that all clients are provided with the best possible advice and recommendations, secure the best possible outcome for clients, maximise fee income and obtain a good reputation amongst clients.
• Advising clients on a variety of dispute resolution matters.
• Managing a varied and heavy caseload.
• Maintaining client expectations.
• Negotiating settlements and achieving the best possible outcome for clients.
• Representing clients in court hearings and settlement meetings.
• Drafting legal documents.
• Meeting fee target consistently.
• Working as a team with other members of the Department to achieve common goals. • Promoting the Department and the Firm through Business Development.
• LLB, Diploma in Legal Practice
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to work in a pressurised environment.
• Team working.
• Strong IT skills.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Excellent knowledge of dispute resolution matters.
• Excellent knowledge of Sheriff Court and Court of Session practice and rules.