Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a talented, highly motivated, team player to serve as Lead Commercial Counsel to support its commercial transactions (with an emphasis on commerce transactions) for Facebook . You will be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of platform commercial agreements, platform integrations, IP transactions, commerce transactions, content licensing, data licensing, and beta agreements. You will also advise local and international clients on the various legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position based in London.
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for Facebook's platform products, commerce partnerships and business development teams
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and the commercial aspects of our products and programs
- Commercial transaction support for other departments as required
- Administration and resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Willingness and flexibility to travel internationally
- UK qualified lawyer (or equivalent) with strong academic background
- 5+ years Post Qualified Experience (PQE) of relevant technology transactions experience working at or for technology companies (either in-house and/or at a global law firm)
- Strong analytical skills and business judgment combined with high quality written and verbal communication skills