About the company
Spencer Ogden is a global energy, engineering, and infrastructure recruiter, providing end to end full project lifecycle services across a range of sectors, offering a unique 360- degree recruitment service to clients.
With a presence in the key locations of the UK, Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Malaysia, US and Canada, the company is strategically placed to accommodate the needs of clients and candidates.
The business has recently gone through a sale and as a result, is now under PE ownership. This is an exciting time to join the business as we look to further invest in the capability of the finance function.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Cash Reconciliation and Cashflow:
· Update invoice-discounting ledgers on a daily basis, performing a reconciliation to identify movements in borrowing(Funds in use), sales ledger and other balances(retained and reserve balances).
· Liaise with regional FCs and their teams and review, all current account cash movements and ensure they are reconciled back to the cash flow model on a daily basis, investigating any differences.
· Investigate unidentifiable items with regional finance teams, Liaise with AP functions & Pay & Bill, to ensure all liabilities are recorded in a timely manner.
· Send daily cash balance to CFO and GFC.
· Prepare a weekly/fortnightly cashflow report to send to CFO – Also to be included in month-end board packs.
· Assist GFC in maintaining the 13 weeks rolling Cash flow forecast, in liaison regional teams, reviewing key assumptions on a regular basis and where possible collating relevant data to back assumptions.
· Prepare Reserve forecasts to see the impact of overdue debt on current availability.
· Assist GFC in preparing monthly group consolidation files, investigating any differences to budgets and LM.
· Assist in the production of the monthly management accounts, commentaries in liaison with relevant controllers and management.
· Prepare Bank packs and other reporting and commentaries to send to bank on a monthly basis.
· Maintenance of the books and records of the holding companies.
· Production of financial and non-financial KPI data across the group for inclusion in the management accounts.
Other Ad hoc tasks
· Ad hoc tasks around the year end audit, and other regulatory audit requirements.
· Assist GFC on group finance projects, for example, the implementation of a new consolidation tool.
· Assist GFC, CFO and the board with ad hoc requirements.
· Provide cover for colleagues when on holiday.
· Update FX sheets and send it to the finance team on 1st of every month.
· Assist in any budget/reforecasting work.
· Manage foreign exchange requirements. Forecast foreign exchange reserves so the business can make informed decisions with regards to entering into financial derivatives.
· Create a banking covenant tracker and maintain.
· Create and maintain list of global bank accounts, signatories, point of contacts.
· Graduate in a finance orientated qualification – Part-qualified.
· 2+ years of accounting experience. Must be comfortable with debits/credits. Previous forecasting experience/knowledge is preferable.
· High Level of attention to detail.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to use own initiative and work independently.
· Confident and a team player.
What can I expect?
To ensure all of our employees continually feel valued, we have partnered with Peakon. An employee engagement survey completed by our people every quarter showing our commitment to wellbeing, engagement, feedback.
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to stay up to date with #LifeatSO
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: