Lamonby Recruitment have an exciting new position for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our client, who design and manufacture precision components.
The successful Design Engineer will be mechanically biased and be responsible for the designing of precision components for a wide range of sectors, ranging from commercial and medical all the way to the defence sector. The successful applicant will be required to work under the lead design engineer, assisting him with a broad array of projects. The Design Engineer who secures the role will be working with Solidworks, so a strong knowledge of the software is imperative. The commencing salary will range from £30,000 to £40,000 per annum dependant on experience. Design Engineer Role
Production of detailed design drawings.
Creating cost effective designs to increase the project’s profitability.
Working under lead design engineer and reporting into him.
Preparing detailed material schedules.
Liaising with the team, clients, suppliers and external consultants. Role Requirements and Qualifications
The successful Design will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in design and manufacturing and hold a relevant qualification.
Ideally the successful candidate will have a mechanical background.
Extensive knowledge of Solidworks.
Ability to work quickly and accurately with good attention to detail.
Our client offers a generous package based on experience and ability. Design Engineer Package
• Salary range of £30,000 to £40,000 (dependant on experience)
• The basic hours of work are Monday to Friday.
• The company operates a Group Personal Pension.
• The holiday entitlement is for 25 days in any one calendar year.
• Other benefits on request. If you feel you have the skills required and would like to gather further information about this role and other opportunities available across the UK, then please contact Emily direct on 02392 384650.