Busy Bees in Leicester Oadby are looking for a Nursery Chef to
join our Team. Working Monday to Friday only with no evenings or weekends!
The top 5 Reasons to join us!
- Childcare provision with substantial childcare discounts
- Excellent in-house training, opportunity
to gain further qualifications, Virtual
learning and career progression opportunities
Exclusive access to UP*; Busy Bees unique early
years learning programme
Retail Discounts Scheme via an online benefits portal
Global exchange programme (short term secondment to
The Leicester Oadby opened in 2000 and is a purpose-built nursery,
all on one level. We are situated behind Swatlands Indian Restaurant
on the old London Road in Oadby town centre.
Established by 3 families in 1984 Busy Bees is now the UK's largest
childcare company with over 350 nurseries across the UK.
To give every child the best start in life
Deliver high-quality childcare & Exciting opportunities for
learning that gives every child a head start as they prepare for school
As Nursery Chef you will be responsible for the overall food
preparation, cooking and serving of food to children at various times
throughout the day, this should be done using the highest levels of
hygiene and cleanliness.
Care: We take care very seriously
- Follow safe working practices for children and staff to comply
with Busy Bees food hygiene and safety policies.
- Play a role in the education of our children's development by
promoting good hygiene standards and spending time within the rooms
teaching them basic cooking skills and promoting healthy eating.
- Speak Up against practices that don't support safeguarding or our
Service: We are an integral part of a parent's support network
- Provide high quality, nutritious, freshy prepared meals and snacks
in appropriate portion sizes and consistencies in line with food
hygiene and safety regulations and Busy Bees policies.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure good levels of service are provided.
- Accept deliveries and store away appropriately following correct
manual handling techniques and effective stock rotation.
Quality: We set and maintain the highest standards it's what
children and parents deserve
- Liaise with regulatory bodies during their inspection visits,
ensuring action points and recommendations are addressed in a timely manner.
- Comply with the company's procedures relating to the Control of
Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH). Through understanding the
principals of storing and using cleaning materials safely and taking
precautions to protect yourself and others and ensure that records
are up to date and available.
Value: We ensure that we provide outstanding value for money
- Ordering food supplies to meet the menu requirements within budget.
- Report any damages, repairs to the nursery management team so it
can be logged with estates, take action to control any risk and make
reference to this in your daily food safety book.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 1 years previous experience working within a catering
environment with an excellent understanding of food hygiene
standards and allergens.
- A good understanding of food standards requirements for the
management of medical conditions, in particular allergies associated
- Food Hygiene Level 2 qualification (Essential)
- Recognised catering qualification (Desirable)
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS Check