Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Commercial Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The successful candidate will join our 'Project Commercial' team and will be assigned to one or more projects to provide commercial support to those projects. The primary duties of the role entail working with Wood's client company to develop the project EPC contracting strategy, to identify and prequalify potential EPC contractors, to oversee the development of the EPC invitation to bid (ITB) packages, and to manage the EPC contracting process, in accordance with Wood's contracted scope of services.
- Providing assistance to clients on contracting strategy. Facilitating meetings with stakeholders to discuss contacting strategy. Preparing the contracting strategy document and, as required, updating
- Preparing solicitation of interest and pre - qualification documents
- Progressing the negotiation and execution of confidentiality agreements. Updating these agreements, as necessary, to cover the project as it develops
- Evaluation of EPC Contractors’ pre - qualification proposals and evaluation report drafting
- Preparing commercial elements of ITB for licensors. Review client’s licensors' contact terms to understand commercial framework
- Addressing queries during licensor bidding
- Commercial / contractual evaluation of licensors’ bids
- Support the client in negotiations and contract documentation finalization for Licensor
- Preparing commercial elements of EPC ITB and overall responsibility for ITB compilation. Review client’s EPC contract terms to understand commercial framework
- Addressing queries during EPC bidding
- Commercial / contractual evaluation of EPC bidder’s bids together with an understanding of the technical and execution proposals. Includes use of BESy (in house evaluation system) where appropriate
- Support the client in negotiations and contract documentation finalization for EPC Contractor
- Possess a thorough understanding of applicable Wood corporate policies and procedures; and comply with these
- Commercial / contractual advice to Project Management during project execution
- Commercial Risk Identification and Management for both internal and client processes
- Provide advice and briefings to project teams on commercial matters such as information security, licensor management, ITB drafting guidelines, etc.
- Support to proposals in the preparation of project commercial scopes of work and estimate of hours
- Project close - out activities supporting project management on matters such as obtaining completion certificates, final acceptance certificates, arranging return of performance security, claims, etc.
- Provide documents and, as required, updates to the PMC Guidelines
Skills / Qualifications
- An appropriate professional qualification (individuals may have formal legal training / qualifications (but this is not essential), or may have wider background project commercial experience)
- A good all - round understanding of the oil and gas contracting environment
- Good knowledge of different EPC contracting strategies, the pros and cons of different approaches
- Hands on experience managing the tendering of large complex high value contracts, and tendering of licensor technology packages
- Experience managing project commercial issues in an oil and gas contracting environment
- A sound working knowledge of key terms within engineering services head contracts
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.