BMI St Edmunds Hospital in Bury St Edmunds is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Pharmacy Lead to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This is a PART time role for 15 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Pharmacy M Pharm or B Pharm or BSc. (Pharmacy) on the General Pharmaceutical Council register as a Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician whose name appears on the General Pharmaceutical Council Pharmacy Technicians register.
- UK hospital experience within a hospital pharmacy department. Experience of managing a team & mentoring. Experience of managing a budget.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management. Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
Duties of this role include:
- Working within a small category hospital, the role is to clinically support the department to promote and ensure excellent patient care, taking responsibility to lead the department under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services. Core Responsibilities and Key
- Responsibility for the daily management and daily running of the pharmacy department, with support from the Director of Clinical Services, ensuring safe provision of staffing that meets activity by workforce planning, monthly rostering and daily review.
- To organise the inpatient pharmacy rotas, weekend and on-call cover ensuring that at all times there is adequate cover within the department.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks.
- To liaise with the reps, clinical steering group as appropriate.
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check.
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.