esure are currently looking for a Claims Analysis and Insight Manager to provide analytical and insight support to the Senior Claims management team, the Reserving function, the Technical Pricing team, the Finance department and the Operational Executive team.
The nature of the work carried out by the Claims Analysis and Insight Manager will be varied but will concentrate on analysis of claims data for the Motor and Home books of business (including support to the Counter Fraud team) to provide actionable insight to drive improved claims performance and ultimately improved company performance.
The job holder will contribute to managing the department’s annual costs, expenditure, and productivity.
This role will be based at our head office in Reigate.
What you'll do:
- Analysis of claims financial and operational MI to provide actionable insight to the Claims Leadership team to drive business benefit for the Home and Motor books of business.
- Shape the delivery of MI, analysis and insight relating to claims, to the wider business including the COO and CEO.
- Contribute to driving forward the use of predictive analytics and other branches of data science as appropriate and to meet business requirements. This will include working with and challenging external service providers
- Liaise closely with the Technical Claims managers to ensure that risks and opportunities relating to emerging and current issues are fully understood along with the potential financial impact
- Project work to support the claims transformation programme to include ownership of project elements as requested by the head of department
- Liaison with the actuarial reserving function to provide clarity on claims performance and provide insight into emerging and existing trends for the quarterly reserving process and to challenge projections where appropriate
- Working closely with the Technical Pricing team to explain claims trends and to provide insight for pricing decisions
- Working closely with Finance and Pricing to ensure that claims related elements of plans and reforecasts are robust and detailed
- Working with the Technical Claims managers to support the Claims Savings programme using analysis and insight. This will include providing financial analytical support to both build business cases and to track the flow of benefits
- Ensuring that past and future Claims Savings are fully reflected in Reserving projections
- Liaison with regulatory bodies to ensure that any requests for MI are completed in a timely and accurate manner
What we are looking for:
The jobholder will have excellent working knowledge of the financial services industry, preferably holding a degree in a mathematical subject(s) or equivalent. Highly developed PC/IT skills are essential, particularly ability with statistical packages and computer programming. The ability to manage and analyse data and provide sound recommendations is paramount. It is essential the job holder has a confident understanding of the strategy and business needs of the Claims function and the wider business.
Other key attributes:
- Advanced IT skills, including a detailed knowledge of a broad range of Microsoft, Oracle SQL Developer (or other SQL programming tool) and visual analysis tools such as Tableau. Knowledge of Python/R would be advantageous
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, along with strong communication, time management, interpersonal, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong statistical skills
- An existing understanding or ability to learn about the application of data science (e.g. predictive analytics) in a claims’ environment
- Works well under pressure with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent activities whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Has established and maintained effective working relationships within a team environment
- Work autonomously under self-direction
- The resilience and motivation to provide consistency of work performance always
- Confident working and liaising at a senior level, where maintenance of discretion and confidentiality in relation to sensitive business information is imperative
What we will offer to you in return:
- 35 hour working week – 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Dress for your day (casual and formal business dress depending on your day)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance (7.5% for family)
- Discretional bonus
- Festive Bonus
- Free daily shuttle bus from our Reigate office to Redhill train station
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
- esure are members of easitSURREY, for a membership of £5.05 per year you can be eligible for a wide range of travel discounts including:
- 15% on rail travel with Southern
- 20% discount for single and return bus journey on certain routes
- A number of cycling related offers including 10%-20% off at Halfords
- 5, 10 and 15 Year Service Awards