4 on 4 off shift pattern - 6:00am - 18:00pm
Cranswick Country Foods is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the food service sector and further processors.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a QA Supervisor to join the busy Technical team at the Preston site.
The main purpose of the role is to provide support to the Site Technical Manager and QA Manager by assisting in the running of the A Shift Days QA team, ensuring that standards are maintained in line with external audit requirements.
The main duties are:
- Support with the business requirements in the absence of the QA Manager.
- Ensure the timely collection of taste panel, chemical and microbiological samples in line with current schedules and input into the relevant lab databases. Samples to be checked for correct amounts and labelling.
- Completing competency assessments on operative completing metal detection and label verification.
- FOPS amendments as and when necessary, all changes to new and existing products.
- Ensuring all intake checks are completed with minimum delay and any issues found are escalated
- Complete the projects set by Senior management in a timely manner.
- To monitor and log internal Non-conformances, ensuring they are responded to in a timely manner and ensuring root cause analysis and appriopiate corrective actions are in place by the relevant department. Where there are trends to raise with the relevant departmental managers to rectify
- Conduct full traceability studies in line with company and customer requirement, reporting any faults to QA Manager or the Quality System Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Improve processes and practices, streamling where necessary.
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, in terms of people and the local area.
- Assist the Site Technical Manager, Assistant Technical Manager and the QA Manager with customer site visits and other third party audits.
- To ensure all new starters are trained correctly and help to ensure that existing QA staff are given ongoing training and development where necessary ensuring that regular job observations are carried out and documented, up-date QA performance charts.
- Ensuring all pre-production hygiene assessments/swab validation of areas before start of production, and complete hygiene report of findings for management meetings.
- Ensuring GMP audits, glass and hard plastic, process control auditing, label verification and weight control audits are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all areas are appropriately staffed with the correct number of QA operatives in line with production requirements. Ensuring staffing levels are met when staff are sick or absent.
- Ensure clarity of role for team members, including assigning of tasks, coaching and providing feedback.
- Effective labour planning to limit reliance on overtime working within the department
- Ensure that all statuory (industry guidelines), legal, food safety & customer requirements are met
- To identify hazards in the workplace and to take corrective action or initiate controls to minimize risk
In addition, you will undertake any training that the company deems necessary that may assist you to effect the above responsibilities.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Human Resources, Cranswick Country Foods, Staithes Road, Preston, HU12 8TB or email email@example.com
Closing Date: 23rd March 2020
Internal applicants must make their line manager aware before applying