The purpose of the role is to underpin the Sales force, freeing them to achieve KPIs and increase GP as well as achieving their own KPIs and increasing GP through generating new business within existing accounts. Acts as first-line for customer contact providing both a proactive and reactive sales function. This will include providing pre-and post-sales information, introducing customers to products and services, closing orders and working on query resolution. Working within a focused Account Team; this role liaises with and works closely with their External Account Manager/Director, as well as other internal stakeholders, to ensure that customers receive a high level of service from Ultima.
• Proactively generate new business to get accounts trading again, using HubSpot and call out days.
• Receive Sales enquiries via various mediums
• Prepare and deliver quotes on customer requests (work with distribution, the business units and technical resource team).
• Add value, with great pricing and information to help the customer make an informed decision.
• Communication verbally and in writing with colleagues, customers, suppliers and manufacturers.
• Develop and maintain a clear understanding of products and service opportunities. Ensure the greatest margin opportunities offered. This will require working closely with the Business Managers and Services teams to ensure that gross margin is maximised.
• Work actively on closing quotes and renewals, understanding the competition and keeping a fine balance on margin levels to win business.
• Excellent verbal and written communication in the English language.
• An organised and systematic approach with the ability to juggle and time manage to stay on top of the job at hand.
• Ability to be flexible and cope with several factors at any one time.
• An experienced problem-solver who can think logically and laterally to find solutions.
• The ability to be resilient in the face of setbacks and to remain logical and controlled when under pressure.
• Attention to detail and focus on quality.
• Influencing and negotiating.
• Team spirited.
• Tenacious, gets the job done.
• Competent user of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: