Due to our expansive growth we are seeking an exceptional sales leader to join our team as Regional Sales Director AppDev, UK, Nordics and Benelux. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a proven track record in selling enterprise SaaS solutions, experience successfully leading front line sales teams, and a history of overachieving team quotas.
As an RSD for Splunk's AppDev business unit, you will be responsible for selling Splunk's new and explosively growing application development software products for monitoring and observability (including SignalFx and VictorOps) in a set territory. This is a quota carrying, external field position.
Ability to generate your own pipeline, articulate complex solutions, build and maintain executive level relationships, navigate across customer organizations / business units, and lead the AppDev virtual team is required. In return you'll be focused on one of the hottest technology segments, with a unique solution that solves a very difficult problem all business are facing during their digital transformation.
SignalFx is the only real-time cloud monitoring platform for infrastructure, microservices, and applications, and is built on a massively scalable streaming architecture. We apply advanced analytics and data-science-directed troubleshooting to let operators find the root cause of issues in seconds.
VictorOps is incident management software purpose-built for DevOps. By centralizing information and offering high-powered integrations, VictorOps makes on-call suck less by empowering DevOps teams to collaborate and reduce mean time to acknowledge/repair. When monitoring tools (like Splunk) create alerts, VictorOps makes sure they get to the right people at the right time so problems can be solved faster.
We're making a difference in the observability space and as we continue to apply significant resources to grow in this area, we're looking for energetic, talented professionals to grow our team. We are looking for smart and tough people who want to do remarkable things.
We are looking for people who have a passion for creating great employee experiences as we strive to create an environment where people enjoy coming to work every day. If you are someone who is driven to make a global impact and believes in a culture of mutual respect, with focus on customer success, then you need to join us here at Splunk!
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and retain an all-star sales team: Inspire, empower, coach and motivate, while pairing business and revenue objectives with appropriate growth initiatives.
- Train new hires on sales process, ensure standards of success are clearly articulated.
- Consistently deliver revenue targets - ensuring company revenue goals, and objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- Accurately forecast quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for assigned region, dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Direct sales activities within assigned area, set expectations, provide mentorship, prioritize efforts, hold the team accountable for building pipeline and executing each phase of the sales cycle.
- Drive a structured MEDDPICC process with deal management.
- Coach sales team to uncover customer needs, develop champions, present specific use cases, demonstrate the differentiated value of Splunk products and services, and negotiate favorable pricing and terms by selling value and return on investment.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with sales engineering, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively.
- 5+ years' experience building and leading front-line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus.
- 5+ yrs experience successfully selling SaaS and/or subscription-based software as an individual contributor is required.
- In-depth knowledge of the monitoring space, microservices, and AWS/GCP/Azure (preferred).
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDPICC and Challenger methodologies is a plus
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments
- You are an effective communicator and inspiring leader, your team's success is your motivation, you love to coach and have impeccable leadership skills; people want to follow you!
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.