Castle Trust is an investment firm providing specialist lending services with a simple mission: to help customers achieve their financial goals. We understand that our actions affect the real economy whether it is:
- providing competitive options for people’s savings;
- helping to alleviate the UK’s housing crisis by financing the building of new homes;
- providing homeowners and landlords with specialist solutions to match their individual financial needs; or
- working with retailers and their customers to provide finance that enables both businesses to thrive and people to access valued goods and services.
We’re looking to recruit a Retailer Risk Manager to join our retail finance (OCRF) arm of the business. This is an exciting, varied role where you will be able to see the impact you personally have on the business. The scope of this position includes all aspects of the retailer/broker risk including intermediary risk, credit risk, operational risk, fraud risk and conduct risk in the management of retailer/broker relationships.
This is a key role to the OMNI business where you will work closely with a range of teams including: Risk Management, Compliance, Operations, Finance, Sales and Commercial.
The role will also include:
- Establishing and maintaining an oversight program designed to identify, control and mitigate all risks and losses associated with Retailer/Broker relationships
- Ensuring the business properly maintains and is fully compliant with all retailer/broker-risk related policies and procedures and that the business operates within risk appetite
- Ensuring the business is compliant with all legal & regulatory obligations in respect of its retailer/broker management Properly quantifying and managing retailer/broker related exposures Ensuring retailer/broker-related risks and issues are properly reported to senior management in a timely and effective manner.
- Experience of working in a SME or corporate/merchant risk management, commercial or operations environment
- Experience of working in a first line risk management role and a thorough understanding of risk frameworks & governance
- Strong communicator (verbally and non-verbally) and able to work across multiple business areas
- Good planning and project management skills, well organised and delivers on promises/time
- Good technical skills, able to interpret and use data, analytics & MI for decision making and reporting upwards and outwards
- Experience of working in a retail credit environment (desired)
- Educated to degree level (desired)
We are going through an exciting time of growth and we are looking for bright, enthusiastic colleagues to join us on this journey. You will be rewarded well with the following benefits:
- Attractive base salary and annual discretionary bonus
- Free fruit in our spacious open plan office
- Retail benefits like free mobile phone insurance and gym memberships through Perkbox
- 5 x Life assurance cover
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Generous holiday entitlement, increasing with each year of service