The Bid Manager will assemble a bid team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. The Bid Manager is typically responsible for managing an opportunity from qualification through to contract award, including value proposition / strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, partner identification, and risk management working with the Pursuit Lead, Solution lead and Delivery Lead. Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and commercial skills.Core Responsibilities:
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Ensure all internal governances for Solution and Commercials are prepared and reviewed by the appropriate governance groups
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
- Contributing and construction of the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation
- Quality assurance for written outputs that comply both to clients evaluation criteria but also company standards
- Manage the bid budget
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bid submission(s)
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
- Excellence Communicator oral and written
- Proven capability in delivering winning Agile Digital Bids within Public Sector.
- Capability of managing multiple Agile bids in parallel
- Ideally has a background in solutions and services and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery
- Have the hands on experience in managing multiple complex, multi-workstream opportunities at the same time.
- Able to demonstrate contribution to opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions, and solution design.
- Must be comfortable working at CEO / Director Level (internal and external customers).
- Fully conversant with the competitive marketplace.
- Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills.
- Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures.
- Experience with portal submission techniques (GCloud, DOS, TS2)