The Data Center Facility Engineer is responsible for maintaining the operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment within the Data Center/Facility. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and is expected to maintain 100% customer uptime. Responsibilities include maintaining facility appearance and integrity.
- Successfully complete all aspects of assigned and/or shift projects, with little to no supervision.
- Oversee impacting projects and can handle the coordination of resources, project execution, & communication with supervision.
- Conduct routine facility walk-throughs that identify infrastructure risks and performance gaps
- Read and understand drawings and prints including one-lines and floor plans.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical data center infrastructure enabling the quick identification of root cause solutions to technical problems.
- Communicate technical activities relating to the facility, its assets, and their operation to relevant parties.
- Assist in facilitating Root Cause Analysis (RCAs) to ensure the recurrence of issues or incidents are eliminated.
- Execute and assist in developing and documenting step-by-step methods of procedure (MOPs) for critical maintenances.
- Execute and assist in the development of step by step Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Emergency Operating Procedures (EOPs) to drive the consistency of operation and quickly respond to incidents to return equipment to operation.
- Supervise and manage scheduled maintenance of electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed maintenance plans in accordance with Rackspace Technical Change Management guidelines.
- Oversee the monitoring equipment and other critical systems.
- Assist in effectively leading Incident Management efforts in the event of system degradation/failures communicating the status to all levels and resolving the issue in a timely fashion.
- Experience with the electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment maintenance within data center or other critical environments
- Electrical or Mechanical Journeyman or Equivalent qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of HVAC, HV and LV switch boards, Transformers, Chillers, BMS (Trend), Fire Alarms, Sprinkler systems, UPS, Lead acid batteries, Generators, PDUs, and RPPs
- Capable of communicating at all levels under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and drive root cause analyses.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- High Voltage qualification/current or expired for UK applicants.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at work acts, ie method statements, risk assessments.
- IT literate
- Knowledge and experience with preventive maintenance tools & forecasting
- Knowledge of Building Automation and Power Management Systems.
- Knowledge in accessing and managing Work Permits and Risk Assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.
- Due to the 24x7 operation of the facility, must be able to work a flexible work schedule. May include nights, weekends, and holidays.