We’re recruiting for a General Maintenance Technician with the strategic mind and drive to deliver the best for our customers and our business. Supporting the project's engineering requirements from inception to completion, you’ll exemplify our commitment to Health & Safety, and ensuring quality and best practice will be second nature to you. Based in Danetre Hospital in Daventry.
You’ll be joining a business that thrives on achieving results that benefit people and communities, and offers fantastic opportunities for career development.
What you’ll do:
- Maintenance – To carry out day to day maintenance tasks this will include but not limited to basic plumbing including unblocking sinks, leaking taps, unblocking toilets and rainwater outlets. Ensuring all furniture (including toilet seats) are safe, secure and properly fixed. Basic electrical tasks may include re-tubing light fittings, cleaning diffusers or reflectors, resetting trip switches and replacing fuses.
- Carrying out installation and maintenance work to heating installations of all types in domestic and commercial buildings and be fully conversant with all aspects of the heating systems RFM are responsible for
- undertake PPM routines as assigned including reactive tasks
- Ensure that all repairs and installations are compliant with current regulations
- Maintain equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures connected to the hot and cold water systems including sanitary ware
- Maintain equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures associated with HVAC
- Diagnose faults on equipment and repair as necessary using manufacturer’s manuals and drawings as required
- Liaise with the Helpdesk Co-Ordinator, Site Manger and Lead electrical technician, to ensure appropriate responses to planned and reactive tasks on concept are adhered to.
- Ensure Site Log Books are completed and updated in accordance with procedures
- Emergency Call Out service as required.
- To undertake all necessary training as appropriate to this post.
- To respond to minor accidents and administer emergency first aid to members of the RFM team, only as and when required following the appropriate training.
- To ensure that all stock inventory, equipment and material transactions are accounted for and orders for new and replacement materials are placed, under direction from line management.
- To ensure that the facilities and services operate in compliance with Health and Safety legislation and procedures. To report all accidents and incidents as appropriate.
- To carry out any other duties assigned by the Management Team in connection with RFM’s operational requirements.
- NVQ Level 2 & 3 in Plumbing and heating and certified under current regulations.
- Previous experience working for similar building services company or have a background in building services/facilities management.
- Advantageous if competent in carrying out minor electrical/fabric repairs
- Excellent Customer Care.
- Ability to work either on own initiative or within a team
- Ability to work safely at all times to cover tasks out with core skill (plumbing / fabric)
- Fire Safety
- Health and Safety courses/qualifications
- Lifting and Handling certificate
- First Aid qualification
- Who we’re looking for:
People are at the heart of everything we do and achieve at Robertson. To fit right into the team, you’ll be committed to understanding the needs of our customers and show positive determination, working collaboratively towards our shared goals; get the best from teams and individuals, be confident in your decisions, and calm and quick to adjust to unexpected challenges; and help us make progress towards the best, most sustainable future, for ourselves and our communities.
We also look after our people just as much as we look after our clients, and you’ll discover dedicated training teams to help keep you up to speed, together with a huge range of personal development programmes.
And on top of a competitive salary and pension, you’ll be able to make the most of a great benefits package, and local team based rewards depending on your role and where you’re based.
Robertson Facilities Management provides hard and soft FM services, grounds maintenance and energy services for single and multi-site locations throughout the UK. We work across sectors including commercial, residential, education and healthcare, assuring our customers of high-quality, best value and a sustainable approach.
Company: Robertson Group
Closing Date: 1 April 2020
The working hours for this role is 38.75 hours per week
Robertson is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
A full job description can be provided up on request