Our team has a simple goal: to be the leading digital partner of choice for our Government clients. We stands out for our clients because few organisations can excel at all the required disciplines: user research & insights, innovation, design, engineering, delivery leadership, and partnerships.
You are responsible for creating the right environment for your multidisciplinary team to succeed, helping them to self-organise whilst creating a culture of learning and transparency. You'll be a key part of one of the UK's biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation reform of government products and services.
As essentially a servant leader, you'll keep pace with the introduction of relevant agile / lean tools and techniques, and remove obstacles and blockers that might get in the way of delivery.
SC cleared only.
As an Agile Delivery Manager at Senior Consultant grade your responsibilities would be expected to include:
- Overseeing the delivery of products and services or functional components using agile methodologies
- Managing and facilitating a cross-functional agile delivery team
- Coordinating agile methodology ceremonies such sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives
- Working with the Product Managers and Product Owners to create product roadmaps
- Overseeing the creation of a backlog of prioritised and refined user stories with acceptance criteria
- Ensuring that the end products are of the highest quality, fully tested and deployed within timelines
- Coordinating activities across teams and the delivery lifecycle including Business & Systems Analysis, Creative, Content. Architecture, Development, Test, Business Change, and Project Management
- Working closely with programme leadership to monitor progress, manage risks and dependencies
- Using data insights to inform the performance of the team and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Assisting with resourcing needs of the agile delivery team for the appropriate mix of experience and capability
- Assisting with coaching and mentoring to the team and looking for continuous improvement opportunities
- The performance management of delivery team members, providing opportunity for self-development
- Encourage respect and inclusion, leading by example Requirements
To qualify for the role, you should have:
· Hands on Agile delivery experience i.e. as a Agile Delivery Manager or Scrum Master, working on digital or technology projects either at a leading consultancy, agency or Government organisation· Experience in working on digital projects which have included cross functional teams such as Designers, Researchers, UX, Product Owners & Developers· Agile or Scrum Master certification, or be willing to attain the certification· Experience in coordinating ceremonies associated with Agile delivery, such as planning sessions, reviews and retrospectives· Experience in running workshops, in particular getting to the root cause of the problem· Displays Innovative leadership behaviours - coaching the team, self-organising, transparent, respectful to people's working styles, motivating· A self-starter, comfortable working in both process driven and ambiguous environments· Experience and a passion for working within Central Government and other sectors.· Experience in dealing with the commercial side of project delivery such as Statements of Work (SOWs), balance scorecard, supplier contracts and reports.· Proven capability of working successfully with senior client stakeholders and end-users, quickly building successful relationships and establishing credibility· A passion for digital and technology, with the drive and determination to continually learn new things and develop yourself and others· Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills, with a high degree of attention to detail· Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently in a highly collaborative, team-based environment· The right to live and work in the UK, be a British national (ideally not dual nationality), and have lived in the UK to get SC clearance.
- It would be desirable for you to also have an understanding of or experience in some of the following:
- · Product Ownership, Software Development, Product Integration, Agile Delivery Management, Testing· Experience in managing teams, including performance management and line management· Experience in dealing with the commercial side of project delivery such as issuing invoices and ensuring payments are received· The market leading packages and platforms used for Agile software development and delivery management, data analysis, and digital content management· Designing and building digital solutions that meet the GDS Service Standard· The political, commercial and technology challenges faced by the Central Government.
In Summary, what are we looking for?
- You build quality relationships: you manage and build relationships with the teams, relevant stakeholders and third party sub-contractors utilising effective and appropriate governance mechanisms. Managing team dynamics to ensure the team is aligned to the same objectives.
- You're an agile guru: you have knowledge of agile tools and methodologies, and experience of the nitty-gritty of hands-on delivery
- You simply deliver: drive the creation of the business case, co-ordinate activities across stakeholder groups. Iterate the business case throughout the lifecycle of the project
- You're a learning champion: Facilitate workshops, meetings with a variety of stakeholders, driving out outcomes and establishing the pace of delivery
- You can solve it like Sherlock: Manage risks, issues and dependencies (external and internal), taking responsibility by owning them till they are mitigated or resolved.
- You're an effective leader: Leads by example, acting as a servant-leader demonstrate the right behaviours. Deals with conflict and helps establish a team culture that allows for constructive criticism