Rebellion Warwick are seeking a Senior Animator to work on one of our largest projects. You will need to excel at convincing character animation and working as part of a team.
See more about our Animation Team at Rebellion here:
Inside the Rebellion Art team
This role is full-time, based in-house at our Warwick Studio. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
We’re looking for a minimum of 5 years games animation experience and experience of a full console/PC production cycle, from beginning to end, on preferably at least 2 published game. A relevant degree would also be preferred.
Please include a link to your showreel demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability.
Your responsibilities would include;
- Produce in-game animations to the highest standards of fidelity and style as demanded by the project
- Work with the animation team, demonstrating strong time management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule to required standard
- Work effectively with other team disciplines (Art, Design & Code) to ensure the animation process is responding to the demands of the project whilst maintaining its aesthetic quality
- Continuation of your technical knowledge, including adapting to new technologies and processes
- Excellent knowledge of animating using Maya, with outstanding animation skills demonstrating knowledge and application of weight, timing, pace, poses and storytelling
- Excellent understanding of how animation must work in harmony with the game design
- Fluent clean-up and use of motion capture data
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
- Genuine passion for games and animation, bringing characters to life with realistic human and animal motion
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Relocation: reasonable pre-agreed costs eg belongings, transport, non-refundable agency fees, etc
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 4%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction bonus: £2k for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Loans: Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Free Stuff: fresh fruit, Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Hours: flexible start and finish times (core hours 10am-4pm with 7.5 working hours overall plus 1 hour for lunch