Rebellion Warwick seeks a dedicated Software Development Engineer in Test to work closely with our QA department, developing test tools and automation solutions to help ensure our products meet and exceed performance expectations. We are looking for a programmer who is interested in test automation, improving processes and software quality, who is most importantly also passionate about games.
Want to know more? You can watch our video here;
Inside the Rebellion coding team.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Warwick studio. We can consider permanent or contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Ideally we are looking for someone who already has some SDET experience, building automated test software and creating robust, maintainable systems, so games industry specific experience would be an advantage but is not essential. We are also open to training up a graduate so if you know some C++, are dedicated, willing to learn and can show us your hobby programming, then feel free to apply even if you don’t yet have all the skills listed below. A strong academic background is preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject, or equivalent professional experience.
- Develop and improve test automation solutions for the QA department
- Test for engine correctness (eg. make sure rendering test scenes don’t change from one day to the next)
- Tools programming, maintaining existing tools written in C++ and writing new ones
- Create high quality, flexible, maintainable code
- Analyse, communicate and interpret script results
- Improve continuous integration processes (eg. improving the use of CruiseControl.net and Jenkins)
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Good practical C++ knowledge
- Excellent use of continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills under pressure
- Knowledge of scripting languages (eg Perl, Lua, Python) would be useful
- Any knowledge of C# and tools development or using Perforce, Mantis or JIRA would be an advantage
- Any understanding of games development processes would also be beneficial
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation and organisational skills, able to collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, communicating ideas and issues clearly
- Great team-work and the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 4%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Childcare Vouchers: for nurseries, holiday care and after school clubs, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £2k or more for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home licence for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise,
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc