Express Lift Co. Dartford, Regus House, Victory Way, Dartford, DA2 6QD, UK
Great brands have a great story. Ours is legendary.In 1854, Elisha Otis travelled to the New York World's Fair to promote his new invention. Standing high above the crowd on a platform elevator, he ordered the retaining rope cut. The crowd cried out. His safety brake held. And in that moment, one man changed the world's perspective on what's possible, sending it rising up.Would you like to join a truly international, talent driven company with values that focus on Performance, Quality, Innovation and Employee Opportunity?
What are we looking for?Otis is currently recruiting for a Service Lift Engineer (NVQ3 or equivalent) to cover a portfolio of units across South East London (including Dartford, Bromley, Battersea, Epsom, Croydon etc). As a qualified lift service engineer, you will be expected to;
- Carry out 100% of the lift maintenance and lift service visits of the units within your territory
- Respond proactively and timely to lift breakdowns aiming to always achieve first time fix.
- Resolve any long standing lift faults, achieve zero defect insurance items and maintain contractual KPI's through the reduction of lift breakdowns
- Carry out minor lift repairs to achieve continual lift operation
- Liaise directly with the customer whilst on site and build a good working relationship
To be successful in this role you will:
- be qualified to at least NVQ Level 3, J-Module or equivalent
- have in-depth knowledge of a variety of different makes and types of equipment, such as dock-levellers, goods and platform lifts, scissor lifts and hydraulics.
- demonstrate that you can apply lift engineering principles to maintenance and fault diagnosis.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary, overtime, call out fees, van and benefits
- Employee Scholarship Scheme - Otis will support you through your studies if you wish to gain further qualifications including Bachelors and Masters Degrees
Otis is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!We are a company with a big commitment to the continuing development of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciate that our talent is the key to our success.
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
We go to great lengths to hire and develop the best people, and offer a supportive environment where employees are motivated and empowered to perform at their full potential. Today, we continue pushing the boundaries of what's possible to thrive in a taller, faster, smarter world.