We are seeking a Health, Safety & Environment (SHE) Manager to join our Shared User site in Hams Hall Distribution Park (B46 1AL). The successful candidate will be an ambassador in leading safety from the front, ensuring that we promote a proactive approach to keeping our employees and colleagues safe at all times.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Design and implement the SHE Operational Master Plan (strategic plan) ensuring compliance with both Wincanton and Customer requirements.
- Lead safety and health campaigns from the front engaging teams and managers to develop a pro-active safety culture
- Lead and maintain the SHE Communications platforms
- Regularly deliver SHE Updates to both customers and colleagues ensuring understanding and compliance
- Support Leadership team with investigations and give clear direction regarding recommendations for improvement and sanctions.
- Ensure Contractor and Visitor safety at all times when on site
- Maintenance of all Health and Safety files including auditing
- Preparation and support for internal and external customer audits
- Monitor and track the sites safety performance against set KPI’s ensuring that best practice approaches are adopted and shared
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Standards across the Operation and when necessary take corrective action promptly where rules or standards are not met.
- Review, evaluation and continually improve contract / operational performance to drive maximum efficiency and achievement of all contract targets and KPI’s to fulfil customer and Wincanton requirements and standards.
- Ensure the operational budget is carefully monitored and apply timely corrective action to ensure cost control and budget achievement.
- Provision of accurate and detailed statistical reporting as requested
- Responsible for leading and contributing to Project Management and developing a Lean mindset and continuous improvement culture
- Ensure all training and development activity is undertaken for all operational staff
- Maintain optimal levels of operational efficiency and resources at all times, ensuring that operation procedures and processes meet quality requirement and drive performance improvements through auditing processes and robust reporting mechanisms.
- Deliver monthly and quarterly feedback directly to customer in their preferred format
- Develop and promote a pro-active Health and Safety culture at the site, encouraging staff involvement and ownership. Ensure all staff aspire to zero LTI’s and to actively raise STAR Reports and hold talk safety briefings.
What will you bring?
- H&S Management e.g. IOSH/NEBOSH or equivalent
- Proven experience of managing health and safety in a large complex operation.
- Ideally experience of working in distribution
- HSE Codes, policies and procedures
- Proven people management skills including daily management and career development
- Leading and delivering LEAN/Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Experience of working to and achieving specific targets and deadlines
- Experience of understanding and delivering H&S legislation to others
- Development and embedding of Health and Safety First culture
- Managing change projects and engaging with employees
- Creating and maintaining SSOW for all processes
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.