Peabody have a full time, permanent opportunity for a Care and Support Worker to join the team based in Colchester. In return we can offer a competitive salary of £18,135 per annum.
The Care and Support Worker role:
We are looking for caring and compassionate people who can coach and support people with learning disabilities to live their best life. Joe, Louise and Sarah live together in a bungalow in Colchester, they like outings, music and visiting friends.
If you are passionate about people and up for a new challenge please talk to us. We offer a full training package and a thorough induction, no experience necessary just a kind heart. You should be positive, caring and focused on encouraging choice, self-worth and assisting our customers to get out and about enjoying themselves in the local community.
Responsibilities of our Care and Support Worker include:
- Carry out risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan
- Support customers to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
- Support customers to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities
- Support customers to maximise their physical and mental health, through liaison with health services and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle
- Support customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, support workers and other professionals
- Implement effective safeguarding practice for vulnerable adults and children in accordance with local authority and Peabody policies, guidance and protocol
- Work with support workers to manage risks to customers, staff and the community.
- Liaise promptly with colleagues, partner agencies and other stakeholders regarding safeguarding, welfare and risk concerns in accordance with Peabody policy
- Promote self advocacy and advocate where appropriate for all customers
- Participate in customer reviews, team meetings and training courses
- Clearly explain the remit of the service to a range of clients and other professionals as appropriate
- Implement the association’s equal opportunities policy as an integral part of all duties and observe the letter and the spirit of the policy at all times
What we’re looking for in our Care and Support Worker:
- An understanding of customer service in a service delivery setting
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of health and safety issues relating to the designated client group
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children local policies, protocols and good practice
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and stakeholders in plain, easy to understand English, both in writing and verbally
- Demonstrable customer care skills
- Ability to work flexibly to meet customer needs and service requirements, including working evenings and weekends where the service requires it
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrable ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals
Benefits of becoming our Care and Support Worker:
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays
- Paid Mileage at 45p per mile
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Annual pay review
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Care and Support Worker please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£10 - £18/hour Plus Bonuses
more details »