J&J Consumer Health's Skin & Essential health business unit is looking for an Associate Regulatory Affairs Manager based in Maidenhead, UK.
You will be responsible for leading brands such as Aveeno, Aveeno Baby, Neutrogena, Johnson's Baby development of regulatory strategies, preparation of applications and support maintenance activities.
- Develop and support regulatory strategies in line with business plan.
- Partner with brand and cross functional team to explore new and revised claims for advertising copy and pack that are within the framework of the product classification
- Complete regulatory activities for a defined number of products to ensure all regulatory obligations and business objectives are met.
- Sign off packaging material, leaflets, and advertising/promotional material to ensure regulatory compliance for submissions via appropriate document approval systems
- Assist Crisis Management / PR matters as related to regulatory affairs
- Fulfil Department compliance obligations that include:
- Processes, SOPs, working instructions adherence and ownership of processes for continuous improvement
- Update relevant local and global databases to track current product information and facilitate product notification under the Cosmetics Regulation.
- Support audits and inspections as they relate to Cosmetics
- Provide regulatory advice and perform due diligence for product acquisitions and agreements with third parties.
- Maintain strong awareness/knowledge of current regulatory requirements.
- Monitor changes in the regulatory environment and highlight any potential impact on J&J products with action plan where applicable
- Represent Regulatory Affairs on cross-functional product/project teams and provides regulatory advice and/or support (as appropriate) both internally and externally. Provide regulatory guidance to internal stakeholders, to allow them to make to key decisions on business-critical activities and project feasibility.
- Life Sciences, Chemistry degree or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of EU Cosmetics Regulation and associated UK requirements
- Good grasp of the regulatory framework and borderline between Medicines, Cosmetics and Medical Devices
• An awareness and some working knowledge of Advertising copy approval requirements in the UK for example. CAP, BCAP and Advertising Standards Authority
- Excellent leadership, communication and organisational skills
- Detail-oriented, effective in written and oral communication
- Works independently to plan, conduct, and manage regulatory projects to meet department and company objectives
- Responsible for identifying, implementing and managing key RA Departmental projects and/or strategies based on both short- and long-term RA Department objectives.