Admiral Group's IT department is responsible for planning, executing, and testing the DR capability of our IT systems. We require a DR/BCP Coordinator to plan, execute, and test IT DR and BCP capabilities. You will need to ensure a repeatable process is maintained that applies to Admiral’s UK Direct Operations (UKDO) critical IT managed systems and data and satisfies the DR committee and IT needs for disaster recovery and business continuity planning of IT staff.
- Able to communicate with employee’s of all levels including senior management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to communicate clearly and with relevance
- Excellent presentation skills
- Focus on providing solutions to problems and drive those solutions forward
- Be prepared to challenge the status quo and make suggestions for improvement
- Be willing to voice an opinion on all matters whilst being receptive to feedback
- Take a proactive lead in creating a supportive team environment
- Be readily available to help support the team
- Must be able to adapt to change and remain positive
- Well organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Able to manage workload correctly without supervision
- Able to plan work efficiently and effectively
- Regularly schedule, plan and test current DR capability and document outcomes
- Manage the planning and execution of backup restore tests; evolving the schedule and process as backups are created for new and existing systems
- Manage all actions that are captured as a result of DR testing, reporting any risks
- Highlight areas where testing is not possible and document associated risks
- Create and maintain run books for DR testing and data restore tests
- Create management information relating to DR tests
- Maintain document storage area for all DR/BCP documentation
- Review current DR testing plans for suitability and summarise DR capabilities on a regular basis.
- Review and improve the current business continuity plan for IT staff
- Work with business areas to understand the criticality of systems in prolonged periods of DR
- Implement and manage recovery procedures in the event of a DR invocation
- Manage actions from incidents that limit our ability to invoke DR/BCP or reduce resiliency
- Manage major incidents during times of high workload within the Service Availability team
- Attend project meetings, recommending DR requirements from an availability perspective
- Provide education and training for on call staff in relation to DR responsibilities.
- Provide documentation and training on Contingency Planning concepts and procedures.
- Document and publish status of IT DR capabilities
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Certified Business Resilience IT Professional training
- Awareness of SLA’s and OLA’s
- Experience in working in the financial services industry
- Experience of Business continuity and disaster recovery planning and testing.
- ITIL Foundation – hands on experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Previous experience of being involved with large IT environments, Distributed Systems, Network, Storage and Cloud environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Kate Williams. If you have any queries about this position, please feel free to drop her an e-mail Kate.email@example.com or give her a call on the recruitment line – 0800 118 1619.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs via email.
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working.
Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Kate Williams for more information.