Cobham Aviation Services UK
are recruiting for a Senior Procurement Manager
to plan and deliver a procurement strategy for a key business program. This UK MOD program is valued with around £50 million of procurement spend focused on spares (avionic and mechanical) as well as procuring services and support (eg. outsourced maintenance, new product development). The Senior Procurement Manager will work as a strategic Procurement business partner for the program.
The position reports directly into the Head of Procurement and indirectly into a Program Director. The Senior Procurement Manager will have a Buying team indirectly reporting to them.
The position is based at our Bournemouth International Airport
site and requires occasional travel to key suppliers.
As a Senior Procurement Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Extensive background working as a Procurement Manager developing a strategic supplier base and building a performance matrix for ongoing assessment.
- Experience of procuring service contracts for maintenance and new product development would be highly desirable.
- Experience working on complex support programmes in an Engineering organisation (Aerospace is highly desirable).
- An advanced knowledge of procurement and contract management principles
- An advanced understanding of key contractual principles (e.g. contract formation, indemnities, consequential loss)
- Expertise in various contract types (Cost-type, Firm / Fixed Price, Fixed Price Incentive Fee, Fixed Price Level of Effort, Time and Material)
- Experience in supporting a Bid Team to negotiate and secure sub-contracts on complex support service programmes
- Experience with project management principles and working as part of a project team
- Strong business acumen with the ability to clearly recognise risk elements in business transactions and develop strategies for mitigating risk
As a Senior Procurement Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Managing strategic suppliers and strategic relationships
- Identify and manage risks associated with key and major subcontracts
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders across CAVS UK and key suppliers
- Preparing tender packs, evaluating tender proposals, negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Negotiating proposals, contract modifications and agreements as required
- Assessing the Make vs Buy and provide pay back justifications
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with suppliers whilst applying sound commercial judgement and ensuring compliance with Cobham's policies; insurance requirements; confidentiality requirements; and 'flow down' requirements from customer contracts
- Supporting CAVS bid teams to source, manage and secure sub-contracts that meet customer needs and differentiates CAVS from its competitors
- Drive improved profitability and bid cost reduction through re-use, best practice processes and knowledge sharing.
- Manage and control all subcontract documentation, data, files and reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Supporting internal Phase Reviews/Approvals ensuring that all required approvals are obtained prior to executing a subcontract
- Ensuring integrity of commercial in confidence, security classified and export controlled information
- Ability to coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members to take positive action and accountability.
Cobham Aviation Services UK We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised Operational Readiness Training, Search and Rescue Services, Helicopter Training and Aircraft Engineering and Maintenance.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.