NOTE: WE ARE STILL HIRING DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
We are looking for a Lead Technical Writer with the right ambition, drive and organisational skills to take the lead on writing and managing our support & training documentation for our helpdesk software.
Deskpro is a large helpdesk software suite. It's used by companies to manage their customer service or internally by IT/HR/Legal teams. The product is really a collection of almost ten products including ticketing, voice, chat, tasks, publishing & helpcentre, community, reporting, mobile apps & admin with much more to come.
A big part of Deskpro is our publishing platform which includes Guides, Knowledgebase and Files. You will use Deskpro itself to write and manage the documentation and will have significant input in the direction of our publishing product.
Deskpro has a range of blue chip customers including Microsoft, HMRC, The Home Office, Valve Software, P&G, 1&1, Hotel Chocolat & the NHS as well as SMEs, Charities and Educational Institutions - and helps them all provide incredible customer service to their own customers and stakeholders. Your role is to help them get the most out of their investment in our product.
We are in the process of developing a major re-design of the core of our product - so this is a good time to restart our documentation to improve structure, quality, breath etc. with you responsible for the structure and quality of our content moving forward.
This is our first dedicated Technical Documentation Writer role (currently content is created by our amazing customer support team), you will work closely with our support, product and executive teams. We are looking for you to take complete control of our support content across our Help Center (knowledgebase, guides and community). You can take a look at our current documentation here.
This role is a great opportunity if you are someone who is a proactive and innovative achiever, enjoys learning new technologies, experience the fast paced world of SaaS and who wants to become a key part of our growing team!
For more information about Deskpro, head to our Careers page.
- Being responsible for creating and managing all content across our Help Center (Guides, Knowledgebase & Product News)
- Work on in-product content/copy to help our customers, where possible, use the software without recourse to external help.
- Keeping documentation up to date as the software changes and improves.
- Lead the content side of our training and certification programme.
- Lead the process to increase the use of video in our support content.
- To be a thought leader in what "good documentation" looks like and the value it creates. We see our documentation as inseparable from our product and a key to our future success.
- Engage with customers via our Community forum (another part of the Deskpro product).
- To work on other ad-hoc communications e.g. quick start guides, tutorials, troubleshooters etc.
- Assist developers with the developer/API documentation.
- Researching relevant information / data for deeper and more complex aspects of the software.
- Working with the development and support teams and feeding back to the Product team.
- Have 4+ years experience in writing technical documentation for a software product (ideally B2B).
- You need to have incredible writing skills and be able to show examples of your previous work.
- You must have a good grasp of IT concepts and you need to be able to explain technical concepts clearly and simply. You will be writing or editing content on a range of technical subjects e.g. Linux/Windows, APIs, SQL, JS/HTML/CSS.
- Mastery of English language and outstanding writing abilities. You've probably found a mistake or two in this job ad!
- You need to have a flexible and 'can-do' attitude, interested to work in an exciting and growing team where you have a significant responsibility for a critical part of the business.
- You will also need strong time-management and prioritisation skills, balancing a range of demands on your time while keeping to deadlines and producing content on a regular basis.
- Competitive Salary (£36,000 - £44,000 dependent on experience) + Company Bonus Scheme
- We are a friendly startup-team based in central Wimbledon, 3 minutes walk from the mainline train-station.
- Fantastic transport links (train, District and Northern line tubes, buses, trams), all within 3 minutes walk.
- 2 minute walk from shops, restaurants, pubs and gyms
- Lovely new offices, sit-stand desks, ergonomic chairs, BBQs in the summer, team Monday breakfasts and Friday lunches.
- Unlimited coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks and beers for Friday afternoon.
- A mixture of autonomy over your role and real responsibilities to the team and business.
- Private Healthcare, Pension Scheme, Bike storage, Parking options, Reduced Gym Membership
- For more information, you can visit our Careers page