As the R&D Tax Manager your responsibilities will cover:
- Responsible and accountable for working with clients and taking them through the full life cycle of an R&D Tax Credit Claim. This will include; qualification and optimisation of the claim; collation of information relating to innovative projects; researching similar markets and technology; analysing and interpreting financial data to identify the claim value; and writing and completing the claim paperwork
- Travelling to client or sales meetings, as required
- Processing client financial data to calculate the value of the claim and preparing computations and CT600's
- Drafting and reviewing technical reports
- Working with and supporting Claims Administrators
- Negotiating and liaising with HMRC
- Supporting senior management
- Supporting the Technical Tax Director
- The assistant R&D Tax Manager will be expected to maintain an expert knowledge of the working, detail and implementation of R&D Tax Relief legislation, guidelines and HMRC practice
- The assistant R&D Tax Manager will be expected to maintain a portfolio of client cases
- Supporting the Senior Tax Manager and Technical Director with management of the Claims team including reporting, training and process improvements
- Supporting the sales and marketing efforts of the business, including writing articles, giving interviews, presenting at events, updating the web site and involvement with social media and sales support
- Supporting the business with new revenue generation opportunities, recruitment and financial forecasting
- Providing technical training sessions for staff, professional referrers and franchisees
The successful R&D Tax Manager will be:
- An excellent working knowledge of the UK corporate tax regime and how different aspects of tax and accounting treatments may interact with an R&D Tax claim.
- Ability to explain/describe the activities of a company to HMRC in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to manage and develop a small hard working team.
- Ability to relate to work with, and win the confidence of, clients.
My client is a specialist R&D Tax Credit organisation based in Mid Kent. They have grown significantly over the last 4 years and are working with Michael Page to look for a Corporate Tax Specialist to take advantage of the increased opportunities on offer.
This role provides an opportunity for an individual seeking substantial exposure to the client as well as the whole cycle of an R&D Tax claim not often offered within the Kent and South East market.
They are fully committed to investing and growing talented individuals having recently achieved Silver accreditation through Investors in People.
Highly competitive salary depending on level of experience - £45,000- £55,000
- Flexible working (Potential for P/T)
- Payment of professional fees
- Company mobile phone
- Benefits portal
- Generous pension scheme
- Valuable profit share and scope for rapid advancement.