The responsibilities of the successful include, but are not restricted to:
- Sourcing - leading strategy development for specific complex projects. The creation of compelling and innovative sourcing strategies for complex areas which challenge current ways of working and deliver best value to the client. Leading a multi-disciplinary team through the procurement process with full customer engagement and following sourcing methodology. Independently leading challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion.
- Stakeholder Management - building deep and trusting relationships with key stakeholders with an ability to engage and influence at senior levels. Development of effective relationships with the supply market which generate positive and value driven outcomes.
- Process and Compliance - ensuring that at all times that EU procurement regulations and rules are observed during strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Communication - creating compelling, well-structured, accurate reports. documents and presentations and effectively deliver to all levels of the business (both internally and externally).
- Data and Reporting - efficiently managing spend and information gathering process by working with the Business Analyst, suppliers and third parties (e.g. research agencies). Creating compelling, well-structured, accurate reports. documents and presentations and effectively deliver to all levels of the business (both internally and externally).
Reporting to the Procurement Manager Strategic Projects this role is responsible for developing and managing compelling sourcing initiatives for complex projects that deliver best value to the client. Accountable for establishing effective working relationships with both key stakeholders and the supply market whilst demonstrating the client's values and behaviours. These projects are typically transformational in nature and value of spend is excess of £50m.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Chartered Institute Purchasing and Supply.
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- Firm understanding and experience of operating Utilities Contract Regulations 2016.
- Some experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- 5+ years in a strategic sourcing role.
- Track record of delivering against stretching benefits targets.
- Excellent commercial and contractual acumen.
- Experience in SAP or similar procurement tools.
- Solid negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
The client is a large UK-based utilities company, specialising in Water and Waste. They have a turnover of circa £2bn and employ over 9,000 employees nationwide. They operate across the UK and have a Headquarters based out of Reading in Berkshire.
On offer for the candidate is a salary and benefits package that is competitive with the market for a role of this type. There is a real focus from the client on helping the successful candidate to develop and grow within this role and the business as a whole.