We are looking for a permanent full time Plumbing Maintenance Technician for an Immediate start, you will join our team at William Farr House. You will deliver building services maintenance and repairs across the NHS to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and environments are safe and secure for patients, staff and visitors. You will provide a customer focused, cost effective and efficient facilities support service to the NHS.
Salary and benefits
* £23,235 - £31,436 dependent on skills, experience and location
* Overtime after 37.5 hours and call out payments
* Excellent holidays - 27 days plus public and bank holidays
* Life assurance, income protection, personal accident cover and an employee assistance programme in addition to many other benefits.
Where would you work?
Your base will be William Farr House, Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 8XL. Our Maintenance Operatives work across a number of sites so you would need to travel and be flexible as you could support a wide geographic area.
What hours would you work?
Full time shift patterns of 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday,8.30am-4.00pm with occasional call outs required.
What would you do?
You will be supporting excellent facilities management and ultimately patient care. Some of the key roles and responsibilities include:
* You will undertake routine planned and reactive maintenance service as instructed, ensuring that operational standards are maintained at all times, also supporting minor works and supervising maintenance assistants
* You will complete routine repairs or minor works including joinery, painting and decoration, general building works, ground works and in some roles general plumbing
* You will also support projects and deliver minor capital works
* You will complete suitable risk assessments and follow relevant permit or work plans
* You will deliver excellent customer service at all times and this may include emergency call outs.
What experience and skills do you need?
You do not need to have any experience within the NHS however you will need some experience and have some transferable skills to be successful in this job for example:
* You will hold an NVQ Level 2 or higher BTEC/City & Guilds or equivalent or have completed a formal apprenticeship or craft trained equivalent accreditation
* You will have experience of completing plumbing tasks ideally in a building maintenance environment
* You will have a working knowledge of MEBF repairs and maintenance, Health & Safety, COSHH, environment standards, manual handling, working at height, confined spaces, and ideally legionella & asbestos awareness
* You will have experience working in a buildings maintenance role and will be able to work from
drawings and written specifications
What are we looking for?
* You will have a can-do attitude, be able to work things out - turning problems into solutions
* You will work with and through your team to take responsibility for delivery, failures and successes to get the best results.
What do you need to think about before applying?
* You must have a Full UK Driving Licence as you will need to travel between sites.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£30000 - £36000/annum Temp to Perm roles / 6-2 2-10 Shifts
more details »
£24000 - £28000/annum Temp to Perm roles / 6-2 2-10 Shifts
more details »
Adversa Recruitment Limited
22.00 - 26.00 per hour
more details »