Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for an Insurer Support Technician to provide Help Desk support to our customers on our insurance software. An Insurer Support Technician works at the core of the insurance industry supply chain, and is responsible for the investigation, analysis and resolution of integration support issues across the panel of insurer products including any 3rd parties. The Insurer Integration team facilitates integration to Applied UK's hosted real-time insurance rating system. The team provides support to insurers wishing to distribute product via our rating system, and to third parties wishing to access those products.
- Owns the backlog of Insurer and Connectivity support issues within the Insurer Integration team's remit
- Ensures issues are resolved or escalated where appropriate
- Ensures open issues are kept to service level agreements
- Ability to manage multiple queues, prioritising work items accordingly
- Liaise with insurers and 3rd parties to log, diary, chase and resolve issues
- Manage daily/monthly reports
- Resolve EDI exceptions as and when they arise
- Provide support to the Broker Helpdesk, software integrators and insurers in order to resolve technical queries across all product lines
- Configuration/testing of insurer product/EDI functionality, pinpointing areas for enhancement both internally and externally, raising change requests as appropriate
- Facilitation of insurer and 3rd party testing, related to change controls
- Participate with planning, facilitating and execution of technical testing to support other teams
- Compile and maintain support artefacts such as requirement documents, statements of work, testing plans, and user documentation
- Solicit feedback from insurers and third parties in order to improve Applied's products and support processes
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
- Education: A Levels or equivalent plus some additional specialized training
- 3+ years of general work experience, plus some experience in a Help Desk or call centre customer service environment
- Experience with MS Office and Windows
- Experience or training in insurance is a plus, but not required for the job
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied's people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, 24x7 technical support, consulting, implementation, and education services.
- AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted
- 2020 Company of the Year (Stevie Award)
- 2020 New Product or Service of the Year- 2 awards (Stevie Award)
- 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Business Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Best Broker Software Management House (Insurance Times)
- GOOGLE'S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
- CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,800+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & BENEFITS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- HEALTH & WELL-BEING- Applied offers Private Medical Insurance, cycle to work scheme, and schemes to support employees.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- Competitive salary, and Pension Scheme with employer matched contributions.
- WORK-LIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work. That is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer paid time off including weeks of paid vacation leave, company sick time, paid holidays, summer hours, and 1 free day off for your birthday!
- RELAXED DRESS CODE- Applied allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this "Dress for your Day"!
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer BBQ, employee appreciation events, art contests, personal and professional development programmes, car parking season ticket loan, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just "another job". Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 9 years.
- CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
- APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the 'Applied Cares' program.