The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
The RoleThe successful candidate possess in-depth knowledge on network, endpoint, threat intelligence, forensics and malware reverse engineering, as well as the functioning of specific applications or underlying IT infrastructure. Further to acting as an escalation point for Tier 1 and 2 analysts, they will play an active role as an incident “hunter”. They will provide consultation to both the SOC Leadership, and the CISO; closely involved in developing, tuning and implementing threat detection analytics, and will have the opportunity to provide input into the development of key programs, including Threat Intelligence, Threat Hunting, and Vulnerability Management.
- Responsible for coaching junior & intermediate analysts and prioritising detection and response activity.
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident, ensuring the timely and accurate communication of incidents to relevant teams
- Handling requests for security configuration changes, including Anti-Virus and device control exceptions
- Tuning preventative and detective security systems in response to emerging threats
- Reviewing systems for compliance with the information security policy
- Scheduling vulnerability scans, interpreting results, and disseminating relevant information
- Analyse and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Developing day-to-day Information Security procedures
- Making recommendations to improve operational effectiveness
- Performing regular security and configuration checks, and capturing associated metrics
- Delivering technical projects of work to improve internal systems and processes
- Research and learn about new technologies and threats to ensure security controls are current and optimal.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 18+ months' experience in a SOC, or equivalent knowledge (e.g. Experience as Sec/Networks Engineer).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Experience working with Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) solutions
- An understanding of key information security principles, methodologies and processes
- An understanding of security incident response concepts
- A strong working understanding and experience of the following with the following security areas
o Malware Analysis
o Infrastructure Security
o Network security
o Application security
- Ability to effectively monitor and analyse security alerts under pressure, and in a prioritised manner
- Fundamental knowledge of IT operating systems and networking concepts
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to follow detailed technical procedures
- Ability to drive process improvements
- Relevant information security industry certification or qualification, or desire to pursue qualifications
- A good understanding of information security incident response processes
- Involvement in extra-curricular cyber security activities and communities
- Competitive Salary
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems