Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Manager, Test Engineering.
Based in Havant, the First Line Engineering Manager (Test Evaluation and Acceptance Function) primary responsibility will be to provide leadership support, guidance and direction to the Engineering staff assigned.
- To champion Functional Excellence for the Test Evaluation and Acceptance Function.
- To manage your team through Organisational Health Initiatives (OHI), Rotational Assignments, Succession, Retention, Employee Development, Innovative Thinking and Leadership Excellence for the SW function.
- To actively lead and deliver Digital Development Environment (DDE) Agile, Automation and Model Based Engineering for the Test function.
- To promote the delivery of Full Spectrum Leadership and Join the Journey across the Test function.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Peers, Technical Leads and Programme Management for the Programme for which your teams are assigned.
- Participation in technical and business meetings for the Programme for which your teams are assigned.
- Proactive development of staff including appropriate stretch assignments to support career development plans, and performance management actions as needed.
- Ensure the department’s adherence to departmental and internal policies along with active participation in their continued development and maintenance.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current and future business status to enable effective provision of both resource and capability for your area of responsibility.
- To ensure that the Test Evaluation and Acceptance elements for projects to which your staff are assigned are completed on schedule working collaboratively with other functions following established procedures, schedules, and work plans.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to achieve results might cause delays in program schedules and result in the allocation of more resources.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience as a Team Lead.
- Experience in a system development environment with demonstrable success of team leadership and performance management.
- Experience / Awareness of Control Account Management, development of Basis of Estimates using metrics, including management of risk.
- Able to gain the trust and confidence of staff members, Technical leads and peers throughout Engineering & Technology.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills whether written, verbal or via formal presentations.
- Capable of securing UK security clearance at the appropriate level for this position.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience as a Functional Line Manager.
- Able to utilise analytical and creative ability and proven judgment in balancing conflicting demands, priorities, risks and uncertainties.
- Development and Review of engineering plans / schedules, facilities and cost estimates.
- Other work, as directed by the Second Line Engineering Manager (SW & Test COE).
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.