Our client a Property Services Company based on the outskirts of Maidstone is looking to recruit a Property Estates Administrator due to the company rapidly expanding.
To assist with the management of a portfolio of 23 estates consisting of over 2,000 units, comprised of both leasehold flats and freehold houses located in/around Maidstone, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Erith and Herne Bay.
Most hours will be office based using computers to complete day-to-day tasks, while the remaining hours will be spent travelling to and from estates for various reasons, including but not limited to:
Monthly Site Inspections; Meeting Contractors regarding repairs and improvements; To resolve client matters; To attend important meetings. As part of this role, attendance will, in addition, be required to meet estate directors, and potential new clients, out of office hours, where budgets and other matters are discussed. Travel expenses will be reimbursed based on mileage on a monthly basis.
Within this role, you will be expected to, but not limited to, complete the following tasks:
- Administration including mail merges, emails and typing minutes
- Collection and chasing Service Charge Payments
- Propose solutions and ideas for improvements to estates
- Answering telephone queries
- Communicate and explain solutions and ideas to clients
- Raising works orders and liaising with contractors regarding maintenance issues
- Budget and forecast expenditure, including long term planning for upcoming works
- Perform Monthly Site Inspections as and when required by the estate manager
- Assist in dealing with client and solicitor inquiries regarding properties
- Prepare presentations packages
- Meet with potential clients
You will need to be punctual, methodical and well organised as well as having a minimum of 3 years' experience within the property management sector, preferably within estate/block management.
Knowledge and/or experience with the following topics will be advantageous, but not required, for candidates:
- Familiarity with Microsoft products
- Understanding of restrictive covenants
- Landlord and Tenant Act
- Health and Safety procedures
- Section 20 Consultation procedure
Hours: Basic 40 per week, 9am -5.30pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch break.
Starting Salary: £20K -£23K Depending on experience. Application which will be reviewed after 6 months' probation period..
Holiday Allowance: 20 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays with one additional day added for each year's service to a maximum of 25 days.
Own transport is essential.
We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.