Business Architect - Board Risk Profile (BRP) Team - Permanent
Core Business Services
Requisition # BIR0028A
Post Date Apr 30, 2020
Location: UK (Birmingham)
EY's Vision 2020/2020+ strategy addresses the dramatic, fast-paced changes that the world is undergoing, including rapid advances in technology, new client needs, macroeconomic and geopolitical shifts, and people's new expectations of the future of work. These changes create exciting opportunities, but new opportunities also bring new risks. At the same time, regulatory and compliance obligations are increasing.
Within the professional services environment, the identification and management of risk is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services, the protection of our brand and the promotion of trust. Risk management encompasses the technical support and processes which enable and support the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery.
EY continues to enhance its approach to risk management to enable greater insight into, and monitoring of perceived threats and vulnerabilities, and the taking of preventative action as necessary. As part of this initiative the firm is creating a Board Risk Profile (BRP) team within the Enterprise Risk Services function of the UK Firm's Central Risk Management (RM) group.
The primary objectives of the BRP team are to enable the EY UK Board to better understand the risks being undertaken by the business and gain comfort that they are being managed appropriately.
The team will be responsible for maintaining and further developing the firm's risk management methodologies and supporting risk solutions and technology infrastructure including monitoring and reporting of risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
The team will be located in the Enterprise Risk Services function, supporting the management of the Board's risks by:
- continuous monitoring of the current profile
- identifying changes in the risk landscape
- collating and analysing data to generate on-goingrisk insights
- maintaining and enhancing an advanced riskmanagement systems and technology environment
- covering UK firm-wide operational, strategic andexternal risks.
The firm is looking for a Risk Manager to support the BRP team, within Enterprise Risk Services. The team will be responsible for maintaining and further developing the EY UK Board Risk Profile and supporting risk solutions and technology infrastructure, including monitoring and reporting of risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
Enterprise Risk Services sits within the firm's Central Risk Management (RM) group in the UK - a team of specialists covering a range of topics including independence, financial crime, data protection, infrastructure, compliance, security, health & safety and other risk areas. RM works closely with the Legal team, other quality and risk management specialists embedded in the Service Lines and client handlers.
Your key responsibilities
- Monitoring and reporting on the Board RiskProfile including the Risks, Risk Drivers, Controls, Key Risk Indicators,Impacts and Risk Appetite
- Maintain the internal control library and datastorage for control evidences and testing results (for internal audit purposes,regulatory inspections and risk assessments)
- Respond to requests from the Board, Business orExternal Bodies for custom risk reporting and deep dives
- Supplier relationship management for risk toolsincluding understanding future developments and new tools
- Using analytics, review data and advise onsourcing of additional data to support and enhance the BRP
- Monitoring and reporting information on controlperformance and effectiveness to appropriate bodies
- Interpretation and communication of Board andBusiness requests in to technical requirements for the wider team to action
- Work closely with the Technical Architect tounderstand the opportunities to utilise new technologies/functionality for theBoard Risk Profile
- Be the liaison point between client servingteams and EY UK's board risk management strategy, providing insight to theclient serving / opportunity teams on how EY manages risks at the board level,how EY UK's RM supporting systems are used and how EY UK's RM systems could bereused / enhanced / ported to support client opportunities
- An understanding of how data and analytics canbe applied to generating risk insights
- Team management experience
- Experienceof working in a regulated environment
- Ability to establish a high degree ofcredibility, respect and trust with multiple internal stakeholders
- Strong personal communication skills (oral and written)
- Effective and proven planning and organising skills to prioritisekey areas of responsibility, tasks and projects
- Ability to deal with problems in a practical way
- Strong experience in MS Excel
- 3 + Years Professional Services Experience(Big 4 or similar)
Ideally, you'll also have
- Project management experience, ideally in a globalorganisation
- Experience of working in a complex, matrixedorganisation
- Analytics and visualisation experience insoftware such as PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire or QlikView
- Experience of using eGRC platforms, IBM OpenPages / Cognos in particular
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness. We ask because it matters!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.