I am working with a client who is looking for a Supplier Quality Assurance Technologist to join their team.
Supplier Quality Assurance Technologist
The Supplier Quality Assurance Technologist works internally across functions and externally with assigned suppliers and materials to measure, assure, improve and sustain appropriate levels of Safety, Legality, Quality, and Functionality for machine components and services used the company. The SQA Technologist leverages a robust understanding of the "business of science" to translate a technical risk into a relevant business risk or point of view.
- Continuously implement, operate, sustain, and improve the Supplier Quality Assurance Program for the machines, technology and external manufacturers
- Performs supplier site audits (supplier risk assessments) and ensure completion of identified corrective actions. Proactively anticipate and identify Food Safety and Quality risks in the supply chain and suggests means of eliminating or reducing these risks to an acceptable level
- Monitor, analyse and report all Supplier Quality Assurance and material-related metrics for suppliers and feed into the buying function's continuous supplier performance management program, including internal and external supplier reviews
- Ensure documentation of any supplier-related controls and/or hazards are maintained in the material/product risk assessment.
- Assess effectiveness of supplier's product quality control plan ensuring sustained effective control of relevant hazards and compliance to specifications
- Champion and continuously improve supplier-related non-conformance management process, with emphasis on striving for excellence in true root cause analysis effective verification of prevailing SCARs executed by suppliers
- When pertinent, appropriately engage/adhere to the customer/consumer complaint investigation process with suppliers to ensure prompt and thorough resolution
- Through active participation in project teams, support the business initiatives associated with innovation/new product development, current products, and COGS (SAVE), relative to the consumables supply chain
- Supports regional & global efforts to drive the business Supplier Quality Assurance program world class, through participation in cross-functional and global working teams, where appropriate
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed to manage suppliers and liaison effectively with SQA team members to achieve global supplier reach. Travel frequency up to 50% or more at times, depending upon business need.
Skills & Experience
- BS/University degree in Material Science, Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience in a technical area within R&D product development, quality assurance, laboratory management, manufacturing, or engineering.
- Current Lead Auditor Certification (i.e. GFSI, ISO 9001, etc)
Essential command of food safety / food processing
Essential command of applicable regulations in relevant markets
- Maintains proficiency with necessary software systems (i.e. Reliance, Sharepoint etc.)
Advanced knowledge of Quality Management processes, including:
- Validation / Verification
- Statistical Process Control
- Corrective and preventive action
- Root cause analysis, Failure Modes Effects Analysis
- Process Improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean Principles, etc.)
- Auditing / Lead Auditing
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.