Role Title: FCTM Applied Analytics Analyst Business: Compliance New or Existing Role? Replacement Grade: GCB6 Role Purpose
Key Accountabilities Impact on Business Impact on the Business/Function:
- This role is responsible for supporting the scoping, development, industrialization, deployment and use of financial crime risk models and methodologies.
- The core objectives are:
- to work with project leaders and delivery partners in the design, development, review and improvement of the suite of financial crime risk models and methodologies,
- to support improvements to the bank's existing transaction monitoring controls,
- to support the design, build, testing, utilization and deployment of TM models,
- to participate in projects aimed meeting local regulatory requirements, upgrading to new TM infrastructure or at aligning TM around the Group.
- Role holder may support the analytics delivery in the areas of:
- Scenario Development (e.g., development of TM monitoring rules or migrating existing rules to better platforms and wider user groups)
- Portfolio management and capacity planning (e.g., reviewing Book of Work against approved budget and spend)
- Controls framework for models/methodologies before the go live (e.g., EUCs, monitoring controls)
- Analytics Discovery to support Intelligence (e.g., supporting analytics for deep dive investigations)
- Data and Model Engineering (e.g., building analytics solutions and visualization dashboards).
- The role holder will report to Applied Analytics Senior Manager.
- Adherence to Group and regulatory standards, the delivery of analytic tasks and supporting agreed operating plan objectives and the day-to-day business requirements. The role will provide accurate and timely information on exposures to escalate to management
- Adherence to change control model for the effective and efficient delivery of actions
Customers / Stakeholders
- Support delivery of FCR initiatives globally across all business lines - RBWM, CMB, GBM and GPB for the full range of analytics responsibilities and activities;
- Ensure appropriate contribution to initiatives, benefits tracking and realization
- Ensure due observance of HSBC Internal Control Standards and Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal / external auditors and external regulators
- Support the delivery the Model Governance requirements for all FCR models
Leadership & Teamwork
- Form a meaningful working relationship with other GRA, Product Management, AML IT, FCC Operations; and FCC peers and stakeholders
- Ensure that the Line Management are appropriately advised of material issues
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Support Line Management by provision of analysis in delivering key financial crime objectives
- Provision of day to day analytics support,
- Work effectively with peers and stakeholders across the delivery partners' and stakeholders' functions
- Foster positive and professional working relationships with colleagues throughout the Group, including Regions.
- Ensure understanding of functional objectives and goals within Applied Analytics and more broadly within FRA and FCTM
- Support diversity and reflect the HSBC values
- Assist in the design and testing of new and existing financial crime prevention models.
- Communicate effectively to different audiences, including both business and technical parties
- Develop and maintain a current knowledge of industry FCR initiatives and best practices. Develop general awareness of FCR regulatory changes affecting analytics and assist the bank in remaining compliant
- Support FCTM efforts to deliver strategic FCR objectives while also ensuring BAU control changes and analytics are delivered within the overall governance framework
- Deliver analysis to support best practice analytics solutions to meet business objectives and optimal system performance as a global standard
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators
- Effective engagement with the business areas in order to fully understand their requirements
- Effective engagement with AML IT to promptly deploy our analytics solutions for use by the bank
- Rapid response to issues as they arise.
- The position provides analytics capability to support the activities prioritised by a Senior Analyst and Team Management.
- The position is responsible for delivering analysis to support compliance coverage of FCR models.
- The role will be given some supervisory guidance.
Management of Risk
- The value of this role should be measured by the impact the team is expected to deliver in a continuously changing environment
- Indirectly managed/established small teams of highly skilled, highly motivated change agents who will work as catalysts with the business partners to aggressively drive change
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
Qualifications Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to the Group compliance policy. This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Bachelor's degree in a numerate or computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience preferable
- Preferred but not essential - proven and progressive experience in financial services data and/or model analysis and/or application development; AML or Financial Crime Compliance specific experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills required to organize and analyze multiple, complex data sets to deliver meaningful business outcomes, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and creative thinking skills
- Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks, develop comprehensive user requirements, and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks
- Preferred but not essential - General understanding of market place FCR issues and AML transaction monitoring systems, data mining/analytical tools, and KYC automated solutions is helpful. Familiar with the financial services and risk domain
- Working with advanced data sets, pivot tables, advanced database and statistical functions and methods.
- Strong technical skills with experience using SAS, Oracle PL/SQL, MS SQL Server, Google Cloud platform, MS Access and MS Excel (advanced functions) to query and analyze large data sources.
- Experience in Functional Programming and proficiency in programming languages like Python/Java/Pyspark/R
- Experience in Hadoop (Hive, Ambari)
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.