Nottingham Care Village are recruiting Night
Care Assistants to work as an integral part of the caring
team, delivering the highest standards of personalised care to
residents, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity,
and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and
choice are met.
- To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to
residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring
that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements
which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects
of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment
throughout the home. Understand and have an awareness of Infection Control.
- To always be alert to residents physical and mental well being,
immediately reporting any changes in a resident’s condition to a
senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update
residents’ records as required.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal
information at all times, this includes residents’ behaviour and
actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs,
and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in
leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their
social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting
residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying resident’s rooms
(with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning duties
as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept
clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times
when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an
attractive way, with polite and courteous service. Also, to provide
the appropriate level of support and help for residents who need
assistance to eat and drink.
- To be an active and supportive member of the Care team,
contributing to team meetings, ensuring good communication and
helping new team members as appropriate, ensuring that the Care Home
is a friendly and supportive working environment.