Based in either our International Head Office Uxbridge West London OR our European Service Centre in Swords, Co Dublin
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Compensation & Benefits Consultant to support the business in driving improved performance by delivering a world class Compensation & Benefits service across the International region (Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Asia). The incumbent will work closely with the HR Business Partner team, the Global Total Rewards COE, other HR COEs and business leaders to deliver total reward initiatives that are aligned with the overall business objectives. This role requires a relentless pursuit in implementing best in class programs and processes.
The role: Your journey at Hertz
- Embed the global total rewards strategy and ensure full alignment with the International business objectives
- Lead the International input into Global Reward Strategy, Structures and Administration
- Ensure a strong focus and adherence to programme and process governance and compliance.
- Lead a small international compensation & benefits team in the delivery and implementation of this strategy across the Hertz International region.
- Define and maintain consistent and relevant total rewards success criteria, metrics and reporting dashboards to ensure program effectiveness.
- Provide expert total reward advice and counselling to the International Leadership and Country Management teams in the areas of base pay, bonus & incentives, equity programmes and benefits
- Partner with the International HR business partner team on all aspects of compensation & benefits, in particular, with regard to providing expert advice on country specific market competitiveness.
- Design, costing and alignment of the compensation & benefits programs to the external market to ensure we can attract, retain and reward talent in the organization.
- Design, plan and provide guidance and input to reduce risk and maximize opportunities associated with organization structural changes such as Mergers and Acquisitions and Transformation programmes,
- Develop and implement processes and procedures for the annual compensation processes, including bonus development and calculation, merit reviews and salary benchmarking
- Drive a pay-for-performance culture linked to the Performance Management process.
- Lead the International implementation of new or upgraded Total Reward systems including merit, bonus and incentive systems
- Partner with Global Total Rewards to establish the proper processes and guidelines related to the global mobility of the Company’s employees.
Your skills: Stand out from the fleet
- Third level qualification in Human Resources Management or a business-related degree
- Proven track record at in Compensation & Benefits in a large organization covering multiple countries.
- Experience and understanding of how a matrixed organization work.
- Have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a multi-cultural business leadership team.
- Demonstrate a track record of successfully managing large scale C&B change and costing programmes.
- Demonstrate a track record of successfully managing and delivering large scale job evaluation projects
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment dealing with multiple stakeholders, managing competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Excellent Analytical skills, thinking and the ability to provide clear data presentations for complex sets of data
- Knowledge of international / country policies surrounding the issuance of equity
- Knowledge of best practice total reward strategies by market
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with business leaders.
- Outstanding influencing skills
- Exceptional project management skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Innovative and creative approach combined with a high level of pragmatism.
- Ability to manage and develop a small team.
- MBA or other business degree
- Knowledge and experience in managing company pension schemes
- Knowledge and experience managing multi-country employee risk and benefit programmes
The Hertz Corporation has an exciting portfolio of rental car brands – including Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly – as well as the fleet management company, Donlen. We have more branches at more airports worldwide than any other car rental company, and Hertz is one of the Top 100 most recognised global brands.