ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018. ENGIE are recruiting for a Assistant Proposal Writer to be based in Luton. This is a permanent full-time role working Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
Working closely with the proposals and bid teams, you will write, proof-read and sub-edit content to a high standard and take responsibility for the management of proposal documents and sales collateral such as presentations and other relevant documents. Proposal writing
- Producing persuasive written material.
- Writing technical content for the proposals.
- Proof-reading / sub-editing and re-writing content.
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations and other documents.
- Producing and updating technical case studies.
- Incorporate win themes, unique selling points (USPs), sales messages, case studies and bespoke material into responses.
- Meeting with and interviewing subject matter experts regarding content for the proposals.
- Proactively manage submission deadlines escalating concerns or risks in good time before bid deadlines.
- Keeping up to date library of model answers.
- Ensure full visibility of opportunity pipeline through timely & accurate CRM data input.
- Working with pre-construction managers to identify project objectives and win themes
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- Track and compile competitor analysis.
- Proactively develop own knowledge of products, innovations and opportunities within our client's sector.
- Research customers and tender portals.
- A degree in Journalism or English is desirable. However, someone with a proven track record / expertise bid writing within the construction sector will also be considered.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Suite
- Proven IT and desk top publishing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent literacy and presentation skills
- Ability to juggle workload and deliver multiple priorities within demanding timescales
Ability to continually improve the quality of work sent out by the company
Excellent attention to detail
Ability to quickly grasp and understand complex information and apply creative intellect
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Posting Date: May 14, 2020