Care and Support Worker or Care Professional? Do you live near Sherborne, Yeovil or Gillingham?
We currently have opportunities for both full and part-time Care and Support Workers or Care Professionals (up to 35 hrs a week) in Sherborne and the surrounding area for our Sherborne branch.
About Candlelight Care
Candlelight Care is a family-run company offering homecare and live-in care services in Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire and East Sussex. With a Head Office in Glastonbury, Somerset, it has been caring for people of all ages in their own homes for over 30 years. Candlelight Care has been recognised as a Top 20 Recommended Home Care Group in the UK for 2019 by homecare.co.uk
Benefits for Care and Support Workers
- £300 welcome bonus
- Smart Phone
- Full training
- Paid travel time
- mileage allowance
- Rewarding work that allows you to have a meaningful impact on others
- Having a desire to see your clients flourish and remain independent within their own home
- Breaking the ice with a new client and putting a smile on their face
- Calming down an anxious client who may not recognise their surroundings
- Earning the trust of a clients family to help a loved one
- Experiencing the joys of using your skills to help others live happier lives.
As a Care and Support Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Getting to know your clients and their interests and needs
- Giving emotional and practical support to your clients
- Assisting with personal care (washing, toileting, dressing, food preparation, medication, etc.)
- Supporting family with new caring responsibilities
- Working with other social care professionals to provide personalised care and development plans
- Sensitivity and understanding
- The ability to work well with others
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- A desire to help people
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Thank you for your interest in working for Candlelight Care.
Once we receive your application, we will be in touch!