We are nDreams, an award-winning independent developer and publisher, delivering world-leading interactive VR experiences. Our new VR projects are a leap forward for the studio and we are looking for talented people to help turn them into a reality.
We’ve just launched our latest title Phantom: Covert Ops, a stealth action game redefined for virtual reality, and we couldn’t be more proud of what the team have achieved. Once you’ve seen what we’re up to next, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
What Will You Be Doing?
- Developing, testing and maintaining artist-friendly animation systems and pipelines in collaboration with animators, gameplay programmers and other team members as required
- Participating in integration of the animation assets into the game engine
- Participating in design and integration of skeletons, deformation, and control rigs
- Providing support and troubleshooting for animation team
- Providing technical support for character artists and animators during entire production process
- Working closely with the Principal Animator, Principal Technical Artist, Principal Character Artist, Rigging Artist and Code Team
- Creating concise documentation for toolsets that the team can rely on
- Working within a team-orientated environment to maintain the highest quality artwork, evangelising their specialism, illustrating the effectiveness of character and animation pipelines wherever possible, and applying their practical knowledge to the development process of an entire product.
- Demonstrate a strong technical aptitude and knowledge base in applicable areas of Maya and UE4
- Real-time engine experience, ideally in Unreal, creating animation blueprints, designing and supporting in-engine animation tools
- Experience with Python and familiarity with the Maya API.
- Recommended or highly advantageous to have experience in, or the aptitude and willing to learn, animation rigging tools and processes.
- Have a fundamental understanding of animation, timing, and weight.
- Be able to work as a part of artistic and technical teams.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise their own work schedule.
- Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on their own and peers work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistently strive to maintain or exceed the highest quality standards of the Art Department.
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
We are looking to fill permanent and Fixed term contract positions based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below.