RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors.
The role will be working for a progressive charity that are on an exciting journey to help five times more people over the next five years. For over 30 years they have supported disabled and disadvantaged people to make positive changes to their lives through training and employment, and with their ambitious plans they need the right people to help them transform many more lives, in many more ways.
What they do is exciting, fulfilling and diverse and it’s about to get even better. As well as employment services, they work with kids in schools, help offenders in prisons, and empower people to take part in activities that many of us would take for granted.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a caseload of participants with complex needs requiring intensive person-centred support.
- Liaise closely with Offender managers in Custody to ensure intervention is in line with Parole Board Requirements
- Provide advice guidance and support to overcome barriers to social inclusion and signpost to internal and external support:
- Coach and mentor participants to increase self-awareness and overcome barriers preventing successful release and reintegration
- Development of customer action plan post referral, updating and developing whilst addressing barriers
- To ensure the accurate and timely recording of input client data and information in order that the service operates within contractual, administrative and financial requirements
- Carry out triage, risk assessments, risk management plans and comprehensive assessments, and to contribute to the development of individual community recovery plans with those who express a wish to access community treatment/support services
- To ensure effective case management and coordination covering areas of risk with a particular focus on safeguarding children and adults, problematic behaviour, housing, social and family functioning, employability, psychological and physical health
- Utilise motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioural techniques and brief interventions in both one-to-one and group settings to promote engagement in appropriate services, encourage self-esteem, well-being, self-responsibility and enhanced motivation.
- Review on going care and treatment liaising closely with the full range of specialist workers within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Work in partnership with other agencies and carry out joint key working to enable effective engagement and movement in order to promote rehabilitation.
- Recognise personal and professional boundaries and work within Shaw Trust’s & CRI’s governance frameworks at all times.
- Ensure that all data requirements are met within defined deadlines and work with the CRI management team to ensure that outcomes are being achieved.
- To produce monthly reports capturing work and interventions undertaken
- To produce regular good news stories to show case success.
- To undertake any further training as identified in the Shaw Trust review procedures.
- Ensure that safe working practices are followed in respect of COSHH and other Risk
This post is subject to a DBS check at an enhanced level and prison clearance.
- Understanding of the barriers faced by offenders/ex-offenders with multiple and/or complex needs in relation to reintegration back into society
- Ability to work with and manage challenging behaviour
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and work effectively with partnership agencies
- Demonstrable experience of successfully working to targets
- Good verbal, presentation and written skills and ability to communicate concisely and effectively.
- Good IT skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office software and previous experience of working with databases.
- Ability to critically reflect and evaluate interventions and service delivery, identifying areas for development
- Be able to display an awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults.
- Have an understanding of and be able to demonstrate a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Qualifications and Professional Development
- Coaching and Mentoring Qualification
- Ability to work on own initiative, as well as in consultation and negotiation with managers and other stakeholders as required.
- A motivational, flexible and problem solving approach.
- Able to demonstrate being highly organised, have good planning skills and be able to deliver to agreed targets.
- Copes well in a rapidly changing environment.
- Commitment, determination and resilience.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply for the role below.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.