About Bright Network
Bright Network is an online platform that connects students & graduates with tailored careers advice & personalised job recommendations. We're currently the second biggest graduate careers platform in the UK and have big ambitions to dominate this market - and that's where you come in!
We're looking to hire experienced Software Engineers (ideally experienced in Python) into our rapidly-growing Edinburgh office - Engineers who pride themselves on producing high quality code and bettering themselves as Developers, to help us on that journey.
Specifically, you will…
- Take full ownership for designing, building and launching new applications, services and features for our platform.
- This could include helping us use data science to match members with the right employer, building out our e-learning academy or building a self-service portal for clients.
- Collaborate with the other engineers and the CTO to be a key contributor to technical design and problem solving.
- Contribute to shaping the exciting technical roadmap as we make the platform more robust and ready for greater scale.
Does this sound like you?
- You have used Python to build complex user-facing web applications in a commercial environment.
- You will likely have a preference for back-end work, but may be keen to get involved across the full-stack where it makes sense for the work you're doing.
- You thrive working in an agile environment working alongside a collaborative team.
- You enjoy a flat structure where you're able to contribute ideas & muck in.
- You have high expectations & take pride in your work - with a desire to be better and a thirst to learn.
Our technology stack
- We primarily use Python across most of our services and a react native application for student signups
- We use a Django framework but experience with Django isn't necessary
- We use automated testing to enable continuous integration and are shortly moving to continuous deployment
- Our code base is relatively new, so we don’t have much legacy code and we're focused on building out new features in short build, test and learn cycles
We can offer you…
- Flexible working & the opportunity to work from home
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Pension contribution
- Focus on L&D with support to learn & develop your skills wherever you want
- Rapidly growing business (we recently secured £3.5 Million in funding)
- A quiet working environment with high quality equipment to produce high quality code
- Sociable team & start-up culture
- Flat structure where your voice is heard & your feedback is encouraged
Salary : Highly competitive and dependent on experience
Contract : Permanent
Location : Edinburgh city centre (George Street)
Start Date : ASAP & ongoing throughout the year (we’re hiring for multiple vacancies within the team)